Repair Old Bow or Buy New Bow

rclouse79

WKR
I have been in your shoes and it sucks. I would have a hard time buying a used bow. How do you know you are not trading one dry fired bow for another? I have had two Elite bows and like them a lot.

OP
J

JSC2626

FNG
Well I stopped by the shop today. To make a long story short, I left with a new bow. The shop had a PSE Brute Force LT for sale at what I felt was a good price. I was able to get out the door for $550 which kept me around my budget and got a lighter, newer, and more ergonomic bow (for me). I’ll bring it home tomorrow after work and get to shooting. While I’m going to miss the Outback, I think this PSE will work better for me when I go out west and start tacking on mileage and elevation. Also should be nice in blinds and climbing stands. I appreciate everyone’s feedback and suggestions. Ultimately the decision came down to a few things. First was obviously I had a budget to stay near, second was I really wanted to get back to shooting quickly rather than waiting for online orders, and third was just the availability at my dealer. Checked out several used bows but most were over 10 years old (and 15 years old) and needed a good bit of money put into them. Overall I am really happy with this new bow and ready for the coming season!

I need to try this trick to get my wife to allow me to buy a new bow. In all seriousness congrats on the new bow! I’m sure the PSE will serve you well.

• Haha
Reactions: Zac

Ho5tile1

WKR
Not currently a member but may have to check it out!

If you do there is a certain number of posts you have to have to be able to even see the classifieds but they 1000 times the amount of stuff we have here for archery gear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sled

WKR
I'd buy new or gently used off A/T. My experience with old bows, once one thing goes wrong there will be more. A bad dry fire is a lot to take on with an older bow.

Last edited:
OP
J

JSC2626

FNG
I need to try this trick to get my wife to allow me to buy a new bow. In all seriousness congrats on the new bow! I’m sure the PSE will serve you well.
Throw in a sad voice and some puppy dog eyes and most wives will say yes! I learned it from my 2 year old and it works quite well 👍🏻

Congrats on the new bow!

Just to throw it out there... I bought my bow used on AT and have been thrilled with it.

Luked

WKR
To mirror some of what is said above I would also look to get something a few years old that is used.
A lot of the technology that is in what is new in my opinion is not "ground breaking" stuff. Its mostly very little things.
Elite is one I would also suggest as like said above has a transferrable lifetime warranty.
But at the same time I would also look to see what dealers you have around you. And not just any dealer. Needs to be a good one that is easy to work with and helpful.
BPS I would never buy anything like a bow from as most of the people there don't know anything about what they are doing.