Remington sell ammunition arm of Co.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Vista outdoors announced an agreement with Czech. group to sell its Sporting Products Business. The sales includes, Federal, CCI., Remington Ammo. Speer, and Levi-shot. Lawmakers, including Sen. John Kennedy are raising concerns over the U.S. becoming overly reliant on a foreign company for ammunition and it's ties to Russia and China. Once again the all mighty $$$ has spoken.

Beendare

WKR
Yeah, what could go wrong? Sheesh

Its the same with semiconductors from Taiwan, parts for our fighter jets from China, etc- heck, Hillary OK’d the sale of our strategic Uranium reserve to Russia years ago for a nice donation to her foundation.

Outsourcing is great…until you really need it.

OP
GSPHUNTER

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I keep waiting for the day that the democrats are declared the enemy of the US and the Chinese are accused of biological warfare with their drugs. I 'm not sure we have anyone in DC working for us.
Agree, they work for themselves.

manitou1

WKR
This is not a good idea.. 1 company now could own 70% of all primer manufacturing.
Probably the "Plan".
Offshore guns and ammo manufacturing and then shut down manufacturing or restrict them.
Easy-peasy... no more guns for U.SA.

You know what I think is going to happen?

Same thing as another Czech group buying Colt.

Quality and quantity goes up, prices go down, availability and variety quickly expand.

My patriotic side is annoyed as hell at Vista for what they've done to the iconic American brands they bought up, and that a foreign company is acquiring these brands. But the Czechs are also like the Texas or Wyoming of Europe - best gun laws on the continent, and they take their weapons industries very, very seriously.

They're not going to be uprooting these plants right out of the biggest market on the planet for small arms ammunition (nato and comm bloc standards included) - if anything, they'll be dumping a ton of money into them to upgrade and modernize the equipment, much of which is still WWII-era surplus.

As sad as it is to say, having the Czechs buy Colt and these ammunition companies will be the best thing that has happened to these companies in half a century.

WCB

WKR
Have you been living in a hole? This has been in the works the better part of a year. It was also just announced that a U.S. based investor just made a larger offer than CSG to purchase this group of companies. AND Remington is owned by Vista/The Kinetic Group. The Remington Ammunition and Firearms were separated at auction a couple years ago. Remington firearms are built by a company called Rem Arms with the Remington name licensed to them. Remington Ammunition barely survived a complete liquidation of the company before Vista bought them and pumped a crap load of money and resources back into them.

Besides if a good U.S. based investor bought them and dumped money into them (or at least let them use their own money instead of holding up the outdoor products side of the business) the Czech route is about the best way it can go. Would you be happy with someone like Blackrock buying them or another large investment group of faceless suit and tie guys? That is exactly why Remington (ammunition/firearms), Barnes, Marlin, Bushmaster and other companies were split apart and auctioned off. Cerberus Capital Managment bought them and put them $900+million in debt.

Getting Ammo production back into private hands and not on the stock market or with a giant none invested investment firm is also the best thing that could happen to them.

Last edited:

TVW

Lil-Rokslider
I'm just here for the "living in a hole" comments or the dudes fired up that this was already discussed in a thread over 9 months ago.

Gotta love the forum police....I'm sure you bros are fun at parties :ROFLMAO:

49ereric

WKR
Vista didn’t have to sell but money talk no regulation against selling it to foreign company.
Makes room for smaller enterprises to produce ammo in the USA but it will cost more.

WCB

WKR
Vista didn’t have to sell but money talk no regulation against selling it to foreign company.
Makes room for smaller enterprises to produce ammo in the USA but it will cost more.
explain how it makes room for smaller companies when the companies bought would remain in the U.S. and produce more ammunition? Also, where are those "smaller enterprises" gong to get components like primers. Hell a company with a big H in their name doesn't even make all their own primers and compared to the companies this sale involves would be considered a "small enterprise"

BluMtn

WKR
Visiting with someone who is close to that situation and right now there is a wall street investment group that is trying to outbid the Czech group. Its not a done deal yet.

WCB

WKR
Visiting with someone who is close to that situation and right now there is a wall street investment group that is trying to outbid the Czech group. Its not a done deal yet.
JDH Capital is the company...it's not a secret. Not exactly a wall street investment group. They already own Sierra and Barnes along with Savage Firearms.

Last edited:

Bama67

Lil-Rokslider
JDH seems ok. They own oil and gas companies, some archery companies, a beef plant, and Barnes/ Sierra.
At least it isn't Pepsico or some other far left company buying them. lol

Sounds like the kind of companies I would buy if I had a few billion laying around.