Sold Remington 700 SS .260 Rem Mountain Rifle, Mint, Sub-1/2 MOA Shooter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramblin99

WKR
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
My firearms ADD kicked in again and I found something I can't live without. So something has to go, and it's this 1999-2000 vintage Rem 700 .260 Rem Mountain Rifle in stainless steel. My reloader buddy and I worked up a 100gr Barnes TTSX load for it. During the testing, this rifle shot a .365" 3-shot group at 100 yards with 44.5 grains of N760. I've owned a lot of mountain rifles. This is the first one I've owned that shoots under ½".

Some specs:
Weighs 6 lbs 7.6 oz.
13-3/8" LOP
22" mountain rifle profile barrel, free-floated
Brand new NOS Remington mtn rifle synthetic stock, custom-painted in FDE with gold, silver and black webbing. Foam-filled. NO tupperware feeling, very solid and very rigid. Weighs 34 ounces.
Tuned Walker-style trigger. Breaks clean at 1 lb. 14 oz. pull weight and is very consistent.

I found a NOS Remington mountain rifle stock on Gunbroker for it. It was still in the time-worn Remington box with the correct end label. John_Boy over on 24HCF put a fabulous FDE-based paint job on it. The only blemishes anywhere on this rifle are slight scope mount tracks on top of the receiver. Otherwise, the metal is perfect, and the new stock is perfect. Even the trigger guard, floorplate and bolt knob are without blemish. The action is smooth as butter. No J-lock. This rifle was produced in 1999-2000 during the period when Remington ceased stamping the barrels with date codes. I don't know the round count, but the perfect cosmetics and demonstrated accuracy indicate the round count is on the lower side.

You won't find a nicer mountain rifle in stainless steel, and this one is a .260! And I think you'll have to look a long time to find one that will shoot under 1/2". I'm also giving you a box of 18 loaded rounds of ammo in the .365" 100gr TTSX recipe….for components of course. 😉 Ammo shipped separately.

$1,275 $1,250 shipped from an individual to your FFL, with appropriate ID enclosed. No trades. I just bought a Rifles Inc. Strata in .270 Wby, so I need to replenish the kitty. Write to me if you have any questions. Thanks for looking!

Keith

IMG_6964.jpgIMG_6965.jpgIMG_6967.jpgIMG_6970.jpgIMG_6973.jpgIMG_6975.jpgIMG_6979.jpgIMG_6980.jpgIMG_6983.jpgIMG_6527.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.