Rem .243 Win

BLJ

WKR
Go to Walmart, get some 95gr federal fusions. Go out and kill pretty much any animal in North America.
If they’re sold out of those, mine loves 100 grain Federal Blue Box. They’re cheap too.

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
aint gonna argue its a good coyte round maybe 100 pound deer but a 270 is better on blood trails for bigger stuff like deer. but a 243 win can do it with the right shot never had experince with it in 243 but with 270 win fedral blue box is the way to go. i just bought a box for coyte hunting for my 243 for 26.99 after tax and all 100 grain might be too hevy for yotes but it is fine. (do not get the horandy superformance with the 95 gr sst i shot 2 deer with them no blood on the first i think i might have got three drops on second one did not recover either) but my buddy has a ruger compact243 win said it was the best deer gun he has ever had 250 yards and in. he uses when he can get it i think fedaral 95 grain fusions or the100 grain blue box i am pretty sure thats what he used.

JMundy84

Lil-Rokslider

Honestly read through this thread and then buy some 95gr nosler bt and go kill everything

TaperPin

WKR
Every 1:10 twist 243 I’ve been around shoots 100 gr bullets just fine - the popularity of 90 gr and 95 gr big game bullets is probably a holdover from 244 Rem shooters that had a 1:12 twist, prior to it being renamed 6mm Rem and given 1:10 twist.

The Rem 700 in 243 is the go to general purpose secondary rifle for many of us.
- Long range practice rifle
- Under every Christmas tree as a kid’s first centerfire
- Long range varmints of all kinds
- Loaner rifle
- Truck gun
- Rock slayer - I’ve never seen a solid hit and had a rock jump up and run off!
- Good for antelope & deer
- Elk off the haystack killer - they may go 1/2 mile through the sagebrush, but that’s what a 4 wheeler is for.
- Cheapest rifle known to man - buy a used one, shoot it 1k rounds, sell it before accuracy goes to crap for what you bought it for, buy another used one with fresh barrel. Rifle cost per round = $0.

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
if you are gonna shoot it try some remington high performance rifle i have a rossi single shot 1:10 twist it like 100 grain rounds ok the 100 grain federal powershock shots 13/4 inch group at 100 vs the remington 80 grainers shooting a 1 inch 4 shot group at 100 from everthing i heard with these 300 and in you can kill deer and coytes no problem and only have a 6.5 inch drop these are more expernsive than than the 100 grain version by 3 dollars but they group good try some in your rifle if you find them they are normally at academy sports and outdoors and midway for 30.00 bucks buy some and try them. i am gonna take a chance with the 243 win with these and try them for deer if they aint good for that than they will be for coytes.

Ehunter56

FNG
Not an ideal scenario, but should give a little idea what that gun and round can do. Brother borrowed mine for deer season this year. Shot 150# buck quartering to, through the shoulder, and exited out the back of the offside ribs. About a 70 yard shot. DESTROYED the shoulder. Deer made it about 35 yards and piled up. He was shooting Hornady American Whitetail 100 gr. Innerlock bullets. Now to teach him how to wait for a broadside shot......lol