Reloading bench ideas

I picked up the same bench for reloading. Did you attach it to the wall or is it steady enough without securing to wall?
I attached it to the studs on the backside. Didn’t really have to but it added some stiffness. Mostly because I’m on carpet so it has some give I wanted to take out.

WyoKid

WKR
Read on a reloading forum that people were using the Harbor Freight 3 drawer wood work bench. I got one on sale for 99 bucks - best $99 I have spent and cheaper than making one (even if it is from China).

manitou1

WKR
I bought a pre-made 10' countertop and unfinished cabinets at Home Depot. Grey stained the cabinets. I prefer a smooth, easily cleaned surface since those tiny powder granules and carbon flakes seem to get everywhere when working.

Of course, the space under the countertop between the cabinets was reinforced with 2x4s on edge.

Pic was taken before completely set up. Now it is a bit more "congested" 😁.
75EAE754-0F3A-4FD2-9B36-BBBDC64E8CE9.jpeg

Wyohunth

FNG
My ‘Reloading bench’ is also my general work bench, so I got a Lyman universal press stand and can clamp it anywhere. The versatility works well for me.

gpkhill2

FNG
I just built this one it’s 2ft by 4ft and 3ft high. I built the frame out of 2x4s and the top is a little over an inch thick but there is a 2x8 bolted in from the sides underneath the top in the front where the press mounts. C96DF53C-5E2C-4A05-8B07-592A82B8CE1B.jpeg192324FE-2F82-427C-A8D7-DEAB32BE8EE8.jpeg

OP

171farm

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 531416

Nothing fancy but it’s awesome having an entire room inside for this.
I ended up buying the same bench..did you have issues attaching the mount for the press? Without knowing the hole pattern, I was afraid the bolts would line up on the frame of the table. Did you have any issues with that?

I ended up buying the same bench..did you have issues attaching the mount for the press? Without knowing the hole pattern, I was afraid the bolts would line up on the frame of the table. Did you have any issues with that?
Not really, I just had to make sure I wasn't going to be going through one of the metal supports.

SwiftShot

WKR
I picked up a bench from Costco. The work bench is great. One thing often overlooked is plugs and lighting. You will need more plugs than you think and always more light.

OpenCountry

Lil-Rokslider
Little over 7’ wide. 2x6s kreg jigged together set on a 3/4” osb and 2x4 framing. Flanged/Pipe legs in front to support the span.

Attachments

• 61AAD187-236D-4CC5-9C51-E554DDD6B8F9.jpeg
    61AAD187-236D-4CC5-9C51-E554DDD6B8F9.jpeg
    211.2 KB · Views: 59

BWSmith

FNG
Retired builder/cabinet maker. Still have a huge,well healed shop. These cabinets were built in the '62-'64 time period best we could figure. Put in 100% custom cherry kitchen and brought these home.

Main reason was they had that chemistry class look to them?

Top is joined SYP 2x8's with 1/4" masonite top screwed on to make it removable for replacement. These have been in place for 20+ years. One thing that has kept it clean'ish in this old nursery BR.....

It's nowhere near all the shop equipment. I realize not everyone has the space.... just sayin,try to keep "distance" between your handloading area and "gen pop"(haha). Even if it's just a curtain wall. Also,and this goes for handloading or gen shop use.... go vertical for stowage,NOT horizontal. Any of y'all that have an island in your kitchen knows. Or worse,putting a large table saw near the entrance to your shop. EVERYTHING that comes in,is GOING to end up being plopped down on that island or TS. So,if your loading area is in a travel corridor.... well,expect it to stay a mess.

Screenshot_20230317-051658_Gallery.jpg