Reliable scope - Boys first rifle.

OP
ZackP

ZackP

WKR
Went out with what little time we had yesterday. Long enough to get him on paper and allow him to get some rounds down range.

He’s right over a 1” 3 shot group at 100. Working on his positioning a little and his trigger squeeze. I may also need to fab or modify him a better cheek rest.

He would have been well under an 1” if he hadn’t pulled his last round. Good thing is, he got up and told me “that one didn’t feel right dad”. He had the first two almost touching, last one he yanked the trigger (on his last group).

Will get actual pics of his group later in the week. We’re heading to the actual range this Saturday after his football game.

Will keep it updated. He didn’t vary from 6-8x on the scope, he preferred right around 7x.

Attachments

• IMG_3280.jpeg
    IMG_3280.jpeg
    456.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_8541.jpeg
    IMG_8541.jpeg
    790.4 KB · Views: 17
OP
ZackP

ZackP

WKR
Side note… anyone know if the Rokstok will fit on this 110 SBA?

Speaking with UnknownMunitions they have them available for the 110 ultralight. I would assume it would be a direct drop in.

Thanks!

OP
ZackP

ZackP

WKR
Boy missed a great buck opening day. Has had multiple encounters with no clear shot so he’s had to be patient. Bad case of buck fever on the first one, he couldn’t stop shaking (would’ve been a killer first buck).

Unusually hot October here, has made it quite the difficult year to get into some cagey old bucks. Roughly 165 miles on nasty SE Idaho desert roads. Most of which through lavas. No gun case. 104th round fired after 20+ revs on turrets, I connected with a smaller buck with his rifle. Whoppin 56 yards. Second 2 point I’ve ever taken but I need to replenish some freezer and have 3 more tags in the fam.

168 A Max Black.

Had the 8 year old with me, she lent a hand. Hope to update with pics of him in the next few days. This scope is headed to another user in exchange for an SWFA 6X as soon as his tag is filled (dislike MOA), but it is a phenomenal scope and value.

Attachments

• IMG_5163.jpeg
    IMG_5163.jpeg
    515.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5198.jpeg
    IMG_5198.jpeg
    362.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5190.jpeg
    IMG_5190.jpeg
    526.7 KB · Views: 5
OP
ZackP

ZackP

WKR
How It rides, or tossed in the back seat. Boy is hungry after near 6 mile trek through lava tubes. Couldn’t line up on a decent buck.

Pic after his first miss, still shaking. Yes 4R is filthy, love that rig.

Attachments

• IMG_8953.jpeg
    IMG_8953.jpeg
    281.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8983.jpeg
    IMG_8983.jpeg
    416.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8868.jpeg
    IMG_8868.jpeg
    719.6 KB · Views: 5

KenLee

WKR
How It rides, or tossed in the back seat. Boy is hungry after near 6 mile trek through lava tubes. Couldn’t line up on a decent buck.

Pic after his first miss, still shaking. Yes 4R is filthy, love that rig.
What's the length of pull? Stock looks long for him to use in the field

OP
ZackP

ZackP

WKR
What's the length of pull? Stock looks long for him to use in the field

I would have to measure it, it’s mounted on a tripod when he shoots at game. He’s taken it out to 300 prone, shoots it well.

KenLee

WKR
I would have to measure it, it’s mounted on a tripod when he shoots at game. He’s taken it out to 300 prone, shoots it well.
Not trying to be all up in your business, but I've learned from starting out over a hundred kids and ladies the length stock they can manage on targets, especially prone, is not the same lop they shoot well in the field under pressure.

OP
ZackP

ZackP

WKR
Not trying to be all up in your business, but I've learned from starting out over a hundred kids and ladies the length stock they can manage on targets, especially prone, is not the same lop they shoot well in the field under pressure.

You’re good, and I completely agree. If there wasn’t 8 days left he would be getting a new rifle. He’ll be running a compact Tikka next season.