Reliable scope - Boys first rifle.

RWT

WKR
The 1” Warne MT’s are hard to find right now. Warne came out with a new model and I hope they are not the replacement for the MT’s.

I would strongly consider the Trij Huron. I just mounted. Credo on a friend rifle. Other than the illumination I don’t see a difference between the 1”
Models.

Castmaster

Lil-Rokslider
The EGW keystones would be a really solid option for 80 bucks besides Mtn Techs.

OP
ZackP

ZackP

WKR
The 1” Warne MT’s are hard to find right now. Warne came out with a new model and I hope they are not the replacement for the MT’s.

I would strongly consider the Trij Huron. I just mounted. Credo on a friend rifle. Other than the illumination I don’t see a difference between the 1”
Models.

Found a set on Amazon I have in the cart. Just waiting for an exact scope before I purchase.

OP
ZackP

ZackP

WKR
Had some 30mm rings laying around for it, but I decided to go ahead and order some Warne MTN Techs. I figured I would go ahead and update as we go along!

Thanks fellas.

OP
ZackP

ZackP

WKR
Factory 20MOA rail has been removed, all degreased with alcohol, nail polish on rail and dab on screws. 6-48 at 28 in/lbs.

FWIW, the screws were ready to strip at 28.

Anyone recommend a stock torque for a Savage SA in 308? Factory synthetic stock. That is next on the agenda when I get home from errands.

Castmaster

Lil-Rokslider
Factory 20MOA rail has been removed, all degreased with alcohol, nail polish on rail and dab on screws. 6-48 at 28 in/lbs.

FWIW, the screws were ready to strip at 28.

Anyone recommend a stock torque for a Savage SA in 308? Factory synthetic stock. That is next on the agenda when I get home from errands.
Most stuff if I’m not sure the torque I’ll go 35-40in lbs. I’m sure you can find an online owners manual though to be see what savage recommends.

OP
ZackP

ZackP

WKR
All mounted and ready to roll! I’ll update with range reports.

65 in/lbs on the ring bases.
30 in/lbs on the caps.

All degreased and loctite applied.

50 in/lbs on the stock screws.

Dave0317

WKR
Looking forward to the range report.
How old is your son and what kind of positions and distances do your shoot?

I’m looking for a similar upgrade to start teaching scope use beyond what you can do with the fixed 4x leupold my son currently uses on our 223 Tikka.

OP
ZackP

ZackP

WKR
Looking forward to the range report.
How old is your son and what kind of positions and distances do your shoot?

I’m looking for a similar upgrade to start teaching scope use beyond what you can do with the fixed 4x leupold my son currently uses on our 223 Tikka.

I will update when I get a day off to take him out!
He has shot out to 300. Prone, seated, and off a tripod. He's still a young shooter but he has been making pretty good progress!