REI tarp ~$50

OP
Felton

Felton

WKR
C1089C69-0522-4BAC-8AB0-9016C0C3B0FE.jpeg

Here’s how I set it up, it was a major electrical storm that came through the entire southeast. The wind pulled up the stakes out of the ground with enough force they were on top of the tarp. All is well with the tarp it was unscathed.

Ps don’t judge my fire.

Sled

WKR
View attachment 506412

Here’s how I set it up, it was a major electrical storm that came through the entire southeast. The wind pulled up the stakes out of the ground with enough force they were on top of the tarp. All is well with the tarp it was unscathed.

Ps don’t judge my fire.

That's a nice fire ring. It'll keep the electric embers at bay.

ewade07

WKR
Seen a few of these popping up in the classifieds now for more than what the person got them for on sale :cautious::cautious::cautious:

Los4212

FNG
I also noticed that. I missed the sale, then actually came back to this page today just to cross reference because I found it kinda ironic when i saw them pop up in classifieds...there's always someone looking to swindle another person, I guess it's within their rights, but kinda sad. Especially on here

I think that tarp would be a great deal at half again the sale price. What’s so scandalous about selling something somebody wants at a price they’re willing to pay? It’s not like they cornered the market on insulin shots or something.

I understand the feeling but at the end of the day someone is still getting a “deal”. It’s two consensual parties, I’m ok with it.

Sled

WKR
It’s two consensual parties, I’m ok with it.

Well now we don't know that yet. It depends on who's entering into this contract. After reading thousands of rokslide posts I can guess a few of us on here might have special needs.

Well now we don't know that yet. It depends on who's entering into this contract. After reading thousands of rokslide posts I can guess a few of us on here might have special needs.
Valid, I’m sure there’s a few that could pick on my intellect. Certainly when I shop on here after a couple drinks.

OP
Felton

Felton

WKR
I think that tarp would be a great deal at half again the sale price. What’s so scandalous about selling something somebody wants at a price they’re willing to pay? It’s not like they cornered the market on insulin shots or something.
It has nothing to do with being scandalous. I feel like this forum is here to help people out not take advantage of people. Though I may be wrong in that thinking.

PistolPete

Lil-Rokslider
Y’all don’t sound much like capitalists.

In a voluntary transaction, both parties end up better off. Otherwise they wouldn’t have entered into the deal. If I sold a tarp (I didn’t actually buy one) for $100 to someone on here, the only reason he bought it is because he wanted it more than the $100. That IS helping someone out. If I listed a tarp in the classified for $50, it would be gone in seconds, and the person who wanted one and was willing to pay $100 would have been out of luck unless he happened to be checking right as it was listed. Supply and demand.

Los4212

FNG
I think you're missing the point. I'm all for capitalism and agree.. it's your choice as the seller AND buyer to agree to terms. My issue is I'd like to think of this (call me an optimist...about the only place you'll find me say that these days) as a community. IE the dude who started the thread to let everyone know there was a screaming deal. There's a free gear section on here for God's sake. A lot of great people looking to help each other out. I've never once when buying or selling something felt like the other party was trying to get one over on me, just a couple of like minded outdoorsman trying to strike a fair deal. I guess my point is, who's to say that those individuals who are jacking up the prices didn't buy 10, 20, whatever of those tarps with the idea of resale in mind? That's 9, 19, ect other roksliders who didn't have an opportunity to take advantage of the deal. Call me old fashioned, I just always looked at this like a community rather than another ebay, marketplace, ect where the goal was to make a buck

OP
Felton

Felton

WKR
Look there It’s back in stock

Well said @Los4212 that hit the nail on the head.

I must also say that the tarp was for sale a week before I posted here for $110. So it is possible the guy bought it at that price and is just trying to recoup his money because he didn’t like it. Who knows…

Last edited:

Sled

WKR
I think you're missing the point. I'm all for capitalism and agree.. it's your choice as the seller AND buyer to agree to terms. My issue is I'd like to think of this (call me an optimist...about the only place you'll find me say that these days) as a community. IE the dude who started the thread to let everyone know there was a screaming deal. There's a free gear section on here for God's sake. A lot of great people looking to help each other out. I've never once when buying or selling something felt like the other party was trying to get one over on me, just a couple of like minded outdoorsman trying to strike a fair deal. I guess my point is, who's to say that those individuals who are jacking up the prices didn't buy 10, 20, whatever of those tarps with the idea of resale in mind? That's 9, 19, ect other roksliders who didn't have an opportunity to take advantage of the deal. Call me old fashioned, I just always looked at this like a community rather than another ebay, marketplace, ect where the goal was to make a buck

Just by watching the classifieds you can see some on here are just here to sell. Take the 10 post minimum to sell complaints. You can also look at the guy who is selling an entire massive estate on here piecemeal. His buddy told him about rokslide and he registered just to sell.

It's my job as the buyer to not end up feeling screwed. As long as the item arrives in one piece, you're comfortable with the price and the description is accurate then it's a win.