REI dividend & 20% off sale

Pramo

WKR
I'm going to get a MSR sweetwater filter. I use sawyers and they work fine but always wanted to try a pump just been to cheap to pay

Graves14

WKR
I bought $300 boots 2 days before these came out.......so I'm probably returning then buying them again.

Zbot

WKR
I got a whopping $.98 back this year....even after over $200 in purchases :)

I'm a REI lightweight.

I do plan on getting some hiking shoes for one of my kiddos with the 20%.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
17 yo's feet have finally stopped growing (we think) and he needs his first set of non hand me down hunting boots. Good timing on the sale!

Rucker61

WKR
Our espresso machine died this week and a new one is over twice what the same thing cost 5 years ago. We picked up a insulated French press.

Excited to buy some new boots with my coupon. And maybe some trekking poles if the outlet store has some. I got back $87 which is a new dividend record for me

Mtnboy

WKR
I only got $19.97 and I think some of that is carry over from last year, can't even put my finger on what I might have bought this year?

Anymore, I honestly avoid REI at all costs because they support so many things I'm against.

That being said, I'll take my free $20 and 20% off and get something, maybe a foam pad to cut up for a glassing pad?

1hoda

Banned
For everyone buying boots - REI will special order LOWA boots, a great way to pick them up with your refund and the 20% discount. They'll give you the run around in the shoe department because they only show the models that they stock, so don't waste your time there, just tell them you want the special order person and go from there. If bad comes to worse, have them call LOWA and they'll straighten it out - they can special order any item LOWA makes. I bought 2 pairs of boots this way, nice to have the peace of mind that you can wear them for a year and return them if they don't work out.

Just note that some stores won't special order anything (the one in Ft Collins doesn't, but Denver does). So I special order from Denver and have them shipped to the Ft Collins REI and pick them up there.

A quick aside for those who do shop at REI ( I know some are against it.. it's local for me, I can try stuff on, return stuff, etc..I like it)
BUT!
I have the REI Visa card basically just for when I shop at REI. There is NO annual/signup fee if you are an REI member and you get an additional 5% back on full price items and 5% back on sale price items (15% for full price, 5% on sale price), as well as 2% back on groceries (beer at at the grocery store counts as groceries right!), and 1% back on any other purchases you make with it.
Also they usually run specials where when you sign up for one and make ANY purchase in the first 60 days (even a cliff bar) you get a 100 dollar gift card.
Just food for thought as it has really upped my dividend without spending anymore money!
And as a shameless plug, if anyone does decide to sign up for one, feel free to shoot me a PM to use my member number as a referral :cool:

REI is a co-op. If you are a member, you can make your voice heard regarding things you don't like. Obviously there are a lot of members but you do have a voice, no matter how small.

Just like BPH above me said, I use their CC for REI purchases only and get an extra 5%, plus I got the "Free" $100 last year and bought my trekking poles.

If I didn't buy stuff from everyone that I disagreed with on some level, I'd be a heck of a lot richer...hmm, maybe I ought to start :)

charvey9

WKR
I only had $21.73, but between that and 20% off at REI outlet I got a new SmartWool 250wt merino top for $36 and free shipping. Normally $105.

Last edited:
I'm gonna look at a solar phone charger of some sort. Not sure what to get though. Other than that I'm pretty much set on Need stuff. Just a lot of want stuff or upgrade type stuff.

gwl79902

WKR
I had a few gift cards and that 100 dollar one from the credit card. With the 20 % off and 20 dollar dividend I got a rei lgneo sleeping bag for les that 40 dollars. Wahoo. Headed to death valley for a week with my son to test it out.

topher89

WKR
REI Credit card is great.... my wife travels a lot of work and we use the card for all her hotel and plane tickets and get reimbursed by her company. We ended up with 340 bucks this year!

OP
B
I just ordered the long wide exped dowmat 5 lite, with my dividend and the 20% off I only paid $43.

I was set on one of those helinox chairs or cots, but found I get a deal with helinox through work, so decided to upgrade my pad.

Jimbo V

WKR
I got the $100 gift card so that with my dividend I got a Delorme Inreach se for $127.

Rockey

FNG
I am considering Yeti cooler as someone already mentioned. I second the fact that they never seem to go on sale and with REI 20% off you save ~$60-100 depending on which size you buy. Looks like a solid deal to me.