REI dividend & 20% off sale

What's everyone buying? I don't need anything, but am thinking of trying one of the ultra light cots, or maybe one of the ultra light camp chairs.

IDK yet. Those are good ideas. Was thinking about upgrading my sleeping pad, although mine isn't bad. Really don't need much at this point. May just hold on to them for a bit

I have a helinox chair and love it. Fits in one of the outside pockets of my pack.

dunner543

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure what I'm going to get either. I wish they sold hilleberg tents. Its hard to buy the bigger ticket stuff from REI since I can get most of it cheaper elsewhere even after the 20% off that REI is offering.

Boots. Over the last few years I've gone from a size ten with deep heel cup to a flat size 11?? I'm fortunate in that the superstore is near by and they have everything in the catalog on the shelves. So I'll be spending most of Saturday there untill I find a new boot.

I think I've got the planter faceitis thing behind me. Thank God!

bogeyboy555

Lil-Rokslider
THIS IS AWESOME..... I spent like a solid hour last night SCOURING REI.com for something to blow a measly $67.42 on... couldn't find anything juicy. Might get some new lightweight boots/approach shoes to use when not wearing my big hunting boots for scouting and shed hunting.

dmac

gmajor

WKR
Just bought an xtherm (ordered both mummy and rectangular). Going to return and buy during sale.

OP
B
Not sure what I'm going to get either. I wish they sold hilleberg tents. Its hard to buy the bigger ticket stuff from REI since I can get most of it cheaper elsewhere even after the 20% off that REI is offering.

The first thing I looked for was to see if they sold hilleberg....

I have a lightweight 3 man, 3 season tent now (marmot) that works, but maybe I will look into a 1P ultralight for solo excursions.

OP
B
THIS IS AWESOME..... I spent like a solid hour last night SCOURING REI.com for something to blow a measly $67.42 on... couldn't find anything juicy. Might get some new lightweight boots/approach shoes to use when not wearing my big hunting boots for scouting and shed hunting.

dmac

I have the saloman gtx hikers, which are one step below the quest 4d boots. They are good light hikers and would recommend them for a lighter boot. I've also looked at the Lowa renegade, seems like a good option too.

Lots of good ideas here guys. I was going to do boots, Salomon 4d's but got such a good deal on Amazon ($147) that I didn't want to burn REI $$ on them.

Johnboy, I use my helinox all the time, baseball, soccer, etc. Fits in the floor storage compartment in My JKU easily and a lot less bulky than a traditional lawn chair for such events. Not to mention backpacking.

REI had a good year on me... mine was $132, more than I expected, and half the stuff I bought was outlet stuff that wasn't eligible. that one trip to the Denver store got me.

iflyils

FNG
I'm torn too also wished they sold hilliberg Tents!! got a nice 87.00 dividend

Vasque st elias boots and either treking poles in the outlet or something else I probably dont need. Two kids two jobs led to only a 3.20 dividend but the 20/20 is hard to pass up

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
The first thing I looked for was to see if they sold hilleberg....

I have a lightweight 3 man, 3 season tent now (marmot) that works, but maybe I will look into a 1P ultralight for solo excursions.
You and me both! Be great to get a Hilleberg at 20% off! Sort of surprised they don't. ??

Jimbo V

WKR
Man I got a healthy dividend back after purchasing a pack for my wife and a few other things so that with a 20% off coupon......I'm finally going to grab a GoPro. I'm hesitant though, like many who have unrealistic expectations of western hunting after watching a few shows, I think I have those same unrealistic expectations of getting some good video after watching some GoPro "skydiving while snowboarding upside down" videos on YouTube!