Refund fees

92xj

WKR
Thoughts on refund fees?
Buy item, item doesn’t fit, tags stay on item, item boxed up same day and shipped back. Buyer pays for return shipping, not the company. Company then takes $15 out of refunded funds. Not exactly sure what this $15 covers or what the company could have lost out on with a person returning an item in as new condition.

So, with return shipping and this fee, it cost buyers $20-$30 just to try on clothes and find out they don’t fit.

Poser

WKR
Thoughts on refund fees?
Buy item, item doesn’t fit, tags stay on item, item boxed up same day and shipped back. Buyer pays for return shipping, not the company. Company then takes $15 out of refunded funds. Not exactly sure what this $15 covers or what the company could have lost out on with a person returning an item in as new condition.

So, with return shipping and this fee, it cost buyers $20-$30 just to try on clothes and find out they don’t fit.

The Hassle of dealing with the process of shipping out and then restocking the return is more work then you might expect. Not crazy about the policy but also have seen the time and hassle by multiple parties to deal with the entire process and it kind of sucks: usually going to be somebody at a desk job exchanging emails, the receiving handed off to inventory. Then there are the CC a processing fees you don’t get back.

If I can’t buy clothing online without hassle free (from consumer POV) return policies I just won’t. Clothes and shoes are so personalized I feel the need to try on before I buy.

Responsibility of the consumer to check return policies before clicking though.

OP
92xj

92xj

WKR
I agree.
But there are times when folks live in places hours and hours away from stores that have pieces to try on.

What’s frustrating is buying clothes from a company that you’ve bought similar items from and the XL is smaller fitting than the Large. Makes no sense but not the fault of the selling store.

sasquatch

WKR
It sucks, but just look to women for why these rules have been put in place

A woman will buy more crap that they then don’t want and return it it’s unbelievable. Just watch what they go through in PERSON when buying, now scale that to online ordering unseen!

Then you’ll realize why this happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rich M

WKR
Someone had to box and ship the clothes, then they have to process the return and put it back into inventory, adjust the books/ledgers, etc. Nothing is free. That person at the "returns counter" still needs to get paid.

It is tough to live out in the sticks and try on diff clothes ordered online. I still order some stuff online and appreciate the size reviews when someone says it runs a size smaller or larger. Returning stuff is a pain.

Traveler

WKR
Opportunity cost of not being available for some else to buy and keep. Some labor with packaging, receiving, inspecting, restocking.

If they don’t charge the person a fee business just builds it into a higher price for everything.

Burnsie

Lil-Rokslider

A woman will buy more crap that they then don’t want and return it it’s unbelievable. Just watch what they go through in PERSON when buying, now scale that to online ordering unseen!

This:
My wife and daughter are guilty of this. They get online and order tons of different clothes items to try on and look at in the mirror, pick out one or two that goes with the outfit they are trying to assemble and then return the rest. Think of someone going shopping at a traditional department store and spending the afternoon trying on all kinds of different clothes - now have all that sent to their house and only a few pieces will be kept. I guess with the economy going almost all online and brick and mortar stores going away this is what businesses have to deal with to make sales. I'm glad I don't deal with that stuff.

WCB

WKR
I think one thing people don't realize with some items like restocking fees or reimbursement in general is that it is not just their purchase or situation. I deal with it daily. Guy will say, even though it is not our issue the product didn't work for them or it was their fault, "you guys are a big company it is only $100". Yeah it is only $100 but if I have to do it for every person in the same situation it adds up. Same with having to receive and restock. It is not the companies fault you ordered the wrong size. They offer the product that you can't try on and have a policy for returns and reimbursements.

Companies that have very lenient return policies and warranties just build it into the product anyways. either pay more all the time or pay more when you order the wrong thing.

D S 319

WKR
quit dealing with them companies. Theyre marked up plenty don’t be fooled. Use Scheels they’ll price match anyway.

I'm mean if not the retailers fault you live in bfe.
You could move to town.
Ohh and the cc service gets there fee ether way.

I get your frustration if there sizing doesn't add up.
But im sure they are frustrated feeling like they are loosing money.

Through forums and what not you can almost always get a review on how each piece fits now.

I work in sales for a large e-commerce company with a very generous return policy, including free return shipping labels for most orders. That generous policy definitely gets taken advantage of and abused - for example I have one customer that has more returns on her account than she does orders, and many other customers that return nearly everything the purchase from just about every order. Between the cost of return shipping, and employees receiving and restocking returns, it costs the company a TON of money. I completely understand why some smaller businesses would need to charge a return/restocking fee to stay in the green.

That said, I still personally try to shop at places that have generous and easy-to-use return policies whenever I can. 😁

My ex gf was NOTORIOUS for such a thing

My wife, just has some sort of "Stitch Fix" thing that gets sent to her every month and sometimes she sends everything back and sometimes keeps 2 of 5 items sent

sasquatch

WKR
My ex gf was NOTORIOUS for such a thing

My wife, just has some sort of "Stitch Fix" thing that gets sent to her every month and sometimes she sends everything back and sometimes keeps 2 of 5 items sent

They love getting their little packages don’t they? Haha

def90

WKR
Stores have refund fees for a reason, usually they can't resell items that get returned.

My sister worked at Victorias Secret back while she went to college. Victorias Secret at the time had a no questions asked return policy and maybe they still do. She has hundreds of stories of people returning stuff in all sorts of condition that would make you want to vomit. There were instances where they woukdn't even look in the bag because it smelled so bad and would have to pick the item up with a stick and throw it out the back door because it was so nasty and stunk so bad that no one would touch it and they couldn't leave it in the store without making everyone sick from the smell. Lol

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Typicalzach