Red Kettle

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
I was wondering if anyone could compare the fit of the Red kettle m19 hunting jacket to the m20 wind shell. I already have the m19 in large and it fits great. The sleeves are perfect length and I have room to throw a layer underneath if I wanted too. I’m mostly worried about fit through the shoulders. I saw one guy selling his in the classifieds and that was his isssue. In the pictures on the website it looks like a more fitted piece.

Ens Entium

Lil-Rokslider
The M20 Wind Shell is a bit more form fitting such that it could be worn under an M19. I am normally an XL with Sitka and find the M20 perfect for me with the M19 being a bit loose to fit layers underneath (mid and base layer).

I found the M19 to be a bit heavy for my regular use (20-65F) and use the M20 over a base layer. I have reserved the M19 for colder hunts or inclimate weather.

OP
E

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you for the reply. I have found the M19 to be warmer than I expected. Into the 20s I only wear a long sleeve t shirt under it at most and that’s while walking the dog. It sounds like the M20 would work nice for higher exertion activities in warmer weather.

prm

WKR
Does the sizing of the Hunting Jacket match other brands jackets?

I ordered a L and was inadvertently sent an XL hunting jacket, and it is waaay too big. So big I might need to go to a M for the reorder. I wear an L Arcteryx Atom, as well as various Sitka and Kuiu.

prm

WKR
I was wondering if anyone could compare the fit of the Red kettle m19 hunting jacket to the m20 wind shell. I already have the m19 in large and it fits great. The sleeves are perfect length and I have room to throw a layer underneath if I wanted too. I’m mostly worried about fit through the shoulders. I saw one guy selling his in the classifieds and that was his isssue. In the pictures on the website it looks like a more fitted piece.
Do you wear an L with other brands?