red/green light reccomendation

WyoJeff

FNG
who has a personal experience based recommendation for a light for varmints/predators?
Big flashlight/ spotlight....
yes i know laws vary state to state species to species not looking top get intop all of that just want to know whats worked best from first hand experience
Thanks

I am a believer in the RED light. we use them quite a bit. We use Wicked Lights but haven't used any big spot lights.

My experience with red lights is that coyotes see them just as well as white and spook just as quickly.
In my experience it's worth saving for a low end thermal optic.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

OP
W

WyoJeff

FNG
thanks for the response. any comment on range of a red light versus a traditional "white" light? Im in Wyoming, LOTSA distance to cover

thanks for the response. any comment on range of a red light versus a traditional "white" light? Im in Wyoming, LOTSA distance to cover
It's about 1/2-1/3 of a comparable white light. I shot one at 200 yards once with the red light and that was really pushing the limits for positive target identification.

Big_wals

WKR
Just bought a sniper hog 50lrx in green last week. I have no experience as far as light colors spooking animals, but this has plenty of range. Took it out last night and was easily able to hit two liter bottles of soda at 342 yards. Im hoping to get out for hogs later this week.

Buckhead

FNG
I bought a headlamp and gun light from Nighteyes. https://nighteyeslights.com/
Had good luck with them for Yotes, however, have been using a thermal scanner and site more recently. With lights, you want to scan with the headlamp turned low. Also, needs to be aimed high, where the eye reflection is barely visible and caught in the fringe of the beam. Coyotes spook easily, you don’t want to activate the gun light until you are ready to take a shot. I favor red lights.

A lot of people prefer lights for predators. For me, thermals are better as I hunt woods and thicker areas where shots are 50-75 yards.

who has a personal experience based recommendation for a light for varmints/predators?
Big flashlight/ spotlight....
yes i know laws vary state to state species to species not looking top get intop all of that just want to know whats worked best from first hand experience
Thanks
I have had good luck with the scan pro headlamp from whicked lights. Has interchangeable emitters from green to red to white.