Red Dots over 1x scope? Yes or No?

Beauseph

FNG
Can always do a 2x prism. I've replaced all of my red dots with 1x micro prisms from Primary Arms.

Blue72

WKR
Just remember that prisms don’t have the unlimited eye relief like the red dot and parallex is worse.

Red dots tend to be much much lighter as well

Beauseph

FNG
The 1x is to meet 1x scope requirements for muzzleloaders in Utah
Gotcha. I'd run a micro prism then.
Just remember that prisms don’t have the unlimited eye relief like the red dot and parallex is worse.

Red dots tend to be much much lighter as well
Not the case with the micro prism. Has incredible eye relief, very flexible, very subtle difference between a red dot. Maybe a couple oz heavier.

Yeah there’s no perceivable limit to eye relief looking through my micro prism from a shooting position. I can move my face back and forth on the stock with no issues.

OP
MuleyFever
I’ve found some 1x scopes/prisms will give people double vision shooting both eyes open while red dots do not.

Some red dots (holosun, sig) have backup solar if battery is a concern, but the battery lives are measured in the tens of thousands of hours.

If you’re looking for a very light 1x the primary arms slx 1x gen 2 microprism is very popular in the ar world. They are coming out with a nicer Glx version next month or July.
If you see that new Glx version out please let me know.

OP
MuleyFever
Yeah there’s no perceivable limit to eye relief looking through my micro prism from a shooting position. I can move my face back and forth on the stock with no issues.
In pics of that micro prism it mounts really high but it looks like that center piece may be removable to mount lower. Is that the case?