Recommended scope mounts for Kimber

EJFS

Lil-Rokslider
Kimber hunter, 6.5 CM, 1" scope (Trijicon Huron) looking to upgrade scope mounts. Any recommendations for this action?

OP
E

EJFS

Lil-Rokslider
I used talleys for a long time then switched to warne bases and warne mountain tech rings.
Thanks for the response. I've been leaning towards the Warne as well. Did you bed the bases or just loktite and torq? Any advantage you see to going with a rail instead?

I use the Kimber 2 piece pic bases. I think they are probably made by Warne. I grabbed a bunch when they were way cheaper than they are now. I have them loctite’d and torqued.

I've got 5 Montana and Ascent rifles all sport Talley rings. Nothing wrong with the Warne setup either I have a few rifles Warne rings and bases I like the the extra low rings that Talley offer if using a 36mm or smaller.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Thanks for the response. I've been leaning towards the Warne as well. Did you bed the bases or just loktite and torq? Any advantage you see to going with a rail instead?
I didn’t bed anything, just used blue loc tite. I didn’t use a full rail, I went with the 2 piece maxima bases. Then the mountain tech rings bolt to those. I think the full thing is like 3.2oz which is like 1oz more than talleys but MUCH more durable.

I then ditched my 2.5-8 leupold and put on a 3-9 trijicon accupoint. I think my weight penalty was like 4-5 ounces but much MUCH more durable and reliable.