Recommend a lightweight sleeping bag

beardedbowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for something on the cheaper end. I know that it's hard to find cheap and light. I have a Marmot Trestles 15 but it's 3lb 6oz. And it's bulky.

Has anyone used the Aegismax down bag? It's on amazon. 1lb.

Budget, weight goals, or temp rating would help. I agree that there is a void in the 2 lb, 30 degree, $200 down bag range. It seems that it should be doable when you look at options above and below those specs, but I haven’t found much.

We know that it’s possible to build a 1 lb uninsulated bag shell for under $100, and 1 lb of 750 fp down should be under $100 and get you down to freezing comfortably. Not sure what the deal is.

I have one of the Aegismax bags you’re asking about but haven’t had a chance to test it in colder temps yet. It’s rated as a 40 degree bag, so I’m not willing to take it on an elk hunt where I expect temps in the 20’s without some testing wearing a down jacket and beanie. One of the guys in Exo Mountain’s YouTube videos carries one but doesn’t say anything about it.

Last edited:

JDZ

WKR
One of the best deals I've found is the Eddie Bauer First Ascent Karakoram bags. The 20 degree is 2lb-4oz with dry sack. Consistently $270 with the sales Eddie Bauer runs. Occasionally $225.

I love my Nemo riff 15. Warm, light, and decent price. I would recommend getting the long version. The regular size runs a little small. Perfect bag if you want a little more room then what mummy bags provide.