Anyone using the Marmot Never summer 0 degree bag?

RGARNER

Lil-Rokslider
Last year I used the Marmot trestles elite eco zero during first rifle in Colorado, temps got down to single digits and I stayed warm enough. I wanted something a little lighter and more packable so I ordered the Never summer 0 degree bag when marmot had it on sale a few weeks ago. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this bag since I wont be able to test it in really cold weather before season. I had planned on ordering a WM or Stone glacier bag but the deal was to good to pass up on the marmot.

Wapiti151

WKR
The Never Summer is what I am currently using. I like it, for now. SG will be my next bag, but with the success I have had with the never summer, why change until i need to. I have used for two seasons...2020 in Idaho for mule deer, temps got down into the low teens one night and i was fine. This past season i used in Alaska PWS on a 6 day blacktail hunt and i never got cold with temps in the low 20s every night sleeping in a floorless shelter on snow in a bivy. But that is a very humid 20 with feels like probably in the teens at that time. I am extremely happy with the bag for the price. I haven't had it down to 0 degrees yet...but works well down in the teens. Full disclosure though, i run hot...and am not a cold sleeper.

OP
RGARNER

RGARNER

Lil-Rokslider
The Never Summer is what I am currently using. I like it, for now. SG will be my next bag, but with the success I have had with the never summer, why change until i need to. I have used for two seasons...2020 in Idaho for mule deer, temps got down into the low teens one night and i was fine. This past season i used in Alaska PWS on a 6 day blacktail hunt and i never got cold with temps in the low 20s every night sleeping in a floorless shelter on snow in a bivy. But that is a very humid 20 with feels like probably in the teens at that time. I am extremely happy with the bag for the price. I haven't had it down to 0 degrees yet...but works well down in the teens. Full disclosure though, i run hot...and am not a cold sleeper.
I sleep hot at home as well, I am also using a sea to summit reactor liner that claims it adds 25 degrees to your bag rating. I'm sure it doesn't add quite that much but definitely helps. Sounds like I will stay warm enough

BDWMT

FNG
I’ve had one for almost 20 years now. My only complaint is all the nights I woke up sweating and have to unzip it. I’ve never been cold in it.

OP
RGARNER

RGARNER

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had one for almost 20 years now. My only complaint is all the nights I woke up sweating and have to unzip it. I’ve never been cold in it.
With my other marmot bag, the few times I have felt chilly in it, I think were due to the fact that I was sweating first and then that made me feel a little cold.

R_W

FNG
That's the bag I have and is what I used on my caribou hunt in Alaska. So far I like it a lot and haven't ever been cold in it. The coldest temperature I have used it in is the low 20's.

Wapiti151

WKR
I’m surprised it doesn’t get talked about more at its price. I think I got mine on sale for like $200 and change. half as much as the top bags out there.

gkempf

FNG
I have had mine for 10+years and love it. 0degrees in Idaho and still have never fully zipped it up' Hold it up to the light and am seeing that the down is getting pretty clumped up, might be time to think about getting another one.

I love mine. I did upgrade to a WM Alpinlite for the extra width, it’s also a smidge warmer.

That being said, the NS served me very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had mine in below 0 temps this November. I was never cold. When things got up close to 30, I had to unzip and not use the hood. I love it.

Its a great bag. Super warm, only complaints are the size and weight. But you definitely won't be cold. Sometimes its worth the little extra weight for those october/nov hunts in the high country. A never summer 15 would be a good 2 punch combo...
I run the sea to summit compress sack's, waterproof and help get them as small as possible.