Recent changes at Unknown Munitions

Unknown Munitions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Roksliders,

We recently had a coordinated exodus of our Cerakote department and were forced to make several staffing changes.
Subsequently we suffered some quality issues in various departments as we were fighting through these unwanted changes.
These QC issues mostly revolved around full rifle builds not receiving final fit and inspection properly before leaving.

We are back to normal at this point and have implemented several QC checks to avoid these issues in the future even if we encounter employee changes. These processes are now referred to as our Red Carpet policy. All UM Rifle builds, Rokstoks, and Cerakote jobs now have an individual QC card process, and the final inspection card will go out with the product.

New positions:
Blaine Painter- Director of Operations
Taylor Thom- General Manager
Chandler Dick- Cerakote Lead Technician

The best part to me is the addition of a customer call to ensure everything is correct before the product leaves. This change is to account for all the requested changes we receive for builds and Rokstoks in between the time the order is placed and the time the product ships. Those of you in any retail space understand how difficult it is to track these changes and ensure they are followed through with 6 months after the request.

Here is an example of the UM Rifle Build QC card that will ship with your rifle below.

As always, we will do anything in our power to correct any issue that may arise with any of our products reaching the customer. The best way to resolve any issue is to contact me, Jake Mushaney, directly at [email protected]

@Ryan Avery @Formidilosus

RED CARPET- RIFLE BUILD.jpg

Loper

WKR
Sucks to have setbacks but they happen with any business. Posting this message and being transparent about it and the changes installed moving forward shows that you care about your product and your customer. Thank you for sharing!

Gadjet

Lil-Rokslider
This is reassuring. I would bet that you guys are going through incredible growing pains. This sounds like a great move to try to get QC under control. I have a build being done by you guys (waiting on my Rokstok) and I'm really looking forward to it.

JakeSCH

WKR
Completely get it! I had to do something similar in my shop due to a lot of new faces.

I am sure my tikka rokstok build will be spot on, even if I don't get to use it for my hunts this year.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
This list is hurting my head. Blaine either needs to change his last name to "Harry" or he can keep his last name, but he needs to be the Cerakote Lead Tech... I don't see any other options.

How does this strike you?

New positions:
Blaine Notpainter- Director of Operations

omicron1792

Lil-Rokslider
Keep your shirt on there, Tiger. I've got leftovers in my fridge that've been there longer than you've been a member here.
His comment was rude for sure.

That said, what does his length of membership have to do with how long it’s taking to get a rockstock?

Reactions: BLJ
This list is hurting my head. Blaine either needs to change his last name to "Harry" or he can keep his last name, but he needs to be the Cerakote Lead Tech... I don't see any other options.
Well you can move the names around, move the Blaine fellers name to Dick, then he can be Dick Painter, that matches up with the Cerekote Lead and then you can have Chandler Blaine, and he could be everyones friend, and change Taylor to Tom, and he can be Tom Thom, I mean he was a General after all..........see that was easy lol