Really tough day yesterday

wyogoat

WKR
Looks like you even have a decent window to shoot through…to make it harder to swallow.
Prematurely etagulating…I loled…

OP
W

Wrench

WKR
Looks like you even have a decent window to shoot through…to make it harder to swallow.
Prematurely etagulating…I loled…
Totally could have longbowed him. He was not moving until his doe did.

kda082

WKR
While field dressing my mediocre buck on Friday after 8 days straight sitting a nice buck walked yards away just feet from my stand. Still glad to be done and have meat in the cooler. Nice sleeping in this weekend. Note to future self to be patient when a hot doe comes through.

7mm-08

WKR
As I age, I eat a lot more tag soup than I did in my younger years. Those are hard pills to swallow, but nobody has a crystal ball. Don't beat yourself up over the premature etagulation. It happens to all of us at some point in our lives.

Broomd

WKR
'Tough day' could be described in so many horrible ways. That's not a tough day. We've all read those stories here. And...you have venison in the freezer!

Great muley!

Buckhaven

FNG
Ya. I get it but be happy with your harvest, which it sounds like you are. Could have went the other way real easy.

OP
W

Wrench

WKR
'Tough day' could be described in so many horrible ways. That's not a tough day. We've all read those stories here. And...you have venison in the freezer!

Great muley!
That's a big whitetail.

grfox92

WKR
Saw 7 bulls over 340 today. Just two cow tags in our pockets.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

OP
W

Wrench

WKR
He'd make 170 easily. I didn't want to give him my internet guess on numbers. Look at the width compared to the length of body or height of chest for comparison sake. It's tough to count the tines in the picture....but I watched him long enough to get a pretty solid feel for him.

OP
W

Wrench

WKR
.....and numbers aside, I feel lucky to get that close on the ground.

Scoot

WKR
OK Wrench, I gotta bust your balls a bit... If getting really close to a stud muley makes for a "really tough day" for you, your life is pretty damn good!!! :) I expected to open this thread and read about a loved one's death!

Haha- beautiful buck! Maybe you'll get a crack at him next year.