Really messed up my Tikka bolt.

pharmfisher

Lil-Rokslider
Reading a thread on here, I decided to try to disassemble my t3x bolt to clean it before shooting. I think what happened is it's a left hand bolt so I may have twisted the black cap the wrong way? Anyways now I cant figure out what to do. It seems to be stuck where it's at. Any ideas ? 1000001983.jpg1000001982.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20240317_130635689.jpg
    PXL_20240317_130635689.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 44

jhm2023

WKR
I made that mistake once. If I remember correctly, I wrapper a rag around the shroud , hold the bolt body and handle with one hand and the shroud in the other. Give roughly two ugga duggas worth of force and get the cocking piece back into its indent on the bolt body. I can't remember if I had to apply any rearward force to the cocking piece with something.

robtattoo

WKR
1000001983.jpg

Rest the tip of the cocking piece on the edge of your bench. Push down HARD, so that it moves backwards from its resting place (in the 'fired' position)
Then rotate the back end 90⁰
1000001983 (1).jpg
until it's lined up with its 'cocked' position.

It's a fiddly pain in the ass, if you've never done it before & you will absolutely knack your knuckles on the edge of your bench. The pain will remind you not to do it again though 😉

I had the same thing happen. I used a pair of needle nose pliers, grabbed the center piece in your pic pulled hard and rotated it. Worked. It's tough to move so eat some spinach!!!!!

I used a shop stag and twisted it tight around the shroud. Once I had enough to hold onto with a grip, it was pretty easy to turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grfox92

WKR
View attachment 688224

Rest the tip of the cocking piece on the edge of your bench. Push down HARD, so that it moves backwards from its resting place (in the 'fired' position)
Then rotate the back end 90⁰
View attachment 688225
until it's lined up with its 'cocked' position.

It's a fiddly pain in the ass, if you've never done it before & you will absolutely knack your knuckles on the edge of your bench. The pain will remind you not to do it again though
Excellent illustrations and instruction. Bravo my friend.

This happened multiple times on my M70 and the first time it happened in the field and I didn't know how to fix it which ended my hunt.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
You guys don't just use your hands?

Grab bolt body in left hand, place tip of left thumb on cocking piece, grab bolt shroud with right hand, push back on cocking piece with left thumb while twisting with right hand so that your hand bends backwards.

My bolts are right handed, so it is reversed. Had to do it three times to get a decent video.

MTtrout

WKR
Oh man this happened to me while hunting some time ago. I just used a piece of wood but like the shoelace plan. Easy to fix but I remember studying that bolt for a long time🤣