Really Good smoker controller

Dogman-K

FNG
After much reluctance, I bought an electric smoker from SmokinTx. I got to know the head of sales who put me in touch with a group of guys that are developing a controller for smokers. Their company is Jakerockinc.

What these guys are developing is a controller that can remotely control and monitor the smoker from a cell phone, computer, or ipad.

I was blown away by the concept. Basically you can create a "cook" by defining steps in their program. For a simple example of a 3 step cook: you might define the start temperature @ 200F and when a meat probe detects an internal temperature lets say of 150F or what ever temperature you would like, you could have the controller change the oven temperature either up or down or continue cooking for a desired time.

I don’t think there is any realistic limit to the number of steps you can define but I was lucky enough to test a unit and did several cooks with 5+ steps. The unit worked as advertised.

Axlrod

WKR
I have a buddy that lives in AZ, that built one like that for himself 15 years ago. Has different programs on a laptop that he could save and refine. I'm old fashioned, but I have some experience, so my stuff turns out pretty good.