Re-Decking a Raft Trailer

ewade07

WKR
The time has come to make some upgrades on my raft trailer, one of which is to replace the wood decking. I currently have some sort of plywood on there now, either 1/2" or 3/4" thick. Anyone out there have some suggestions on what to use? I know they make marine grade plywood but it is hard to come by. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Elk97

WKR
I found some treated (like for ground contact) 3/4' ply for the deck on my utility trailer. It's held up well for several years now in wet western WA.

I found some treated (like for ground contact) 3/4' ply for the deck on my utility trailer. It's held up well for several years now in wet western WA.
I did the same thing to my 8'x10' raft trailer about 5 years ago, and so far it's holding up very well.

Ishisube

Lil-Rokslider
Whatever you end up using for the new deck, soak it with as much treatment as it'll take. It'll last a lot longer for it and my personal preference would be 5/8 to 3/4, avoiding 1/2.

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I put trex on mine 2 years ago, it was the same price as wood at the time.

Htm84

WKR
Trex decking. It’s a composite fake wood material. The only down side I could see to it is it generally needs more support than lumber. The newer stuff seems to hold up a lot better than the older stuff