Are Talley rings a reliable choice?

Nicaburns

Lil-Rokslider
This thread definitely convinced me to replace the one set of talleys I still had on a rifle… Hawkins rings are on the way! 👍

pbroski

Lil-Rokslider
Leopold dual dovetails for a base. I use Burris rings with inserts on a handful of 84m's.
I never knew this was even an option for Kimbers. Is there much overhang into the ejector port of the rear base? Would you say they are as rock solid as Warne bases with Warne Mountain Tech or Nightforce 4 screw Xtreme Ultralight rings

KHntr

Lil-Rokslider
Currently headed out on a deer hunt for a week and that rifle is buried in the back seat or I’d look now…. I want to say a 1/2” of overhang though. Doesn’t impact anything at all.

I don’t own any Warne or Nightforce rings currently, and the burris rings were the quickest way to gain 10moa without going to a rail so I can’t speak to how they compare strength wise. Haven’t had any issues though, and I’m using them on 5 or 6 rifles currently. Zero issues.

Wapiti1

WKR
Let's be clear. The Talley Lightweight are suspect. Their two piece steel offerings are good. At least, IME.

I've seen their steel rings deal with big bore recoil with no issues.

For integral rings, I use DNZ, Leupold, or Hawkins depending on what is available or what it's going on. DNZ are my first choice most of the time. Very well machined and finished.

Jeremy

lukebrowning

Lil-Rokslider
As Kamala said… just don’t do it. Absolutely not an area you want to save weight. I’d rather carry one less round in the mag than use Talley.