Range medical kit

Mtns2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
This being a older dated thread but got me thinking, my shooting buddy and I were at a range the other day, we do a good bit of shooting on this range as its the only range we can get to that has at least 600 yards its way out in the boonies as in no cell coverage and perhaps a 10 mile drive before you even get sketchey service, the nearest hospital is around 15 miles away and that’s on back country roads through the mountains think max safe speed in a bad situation might be 50mph and that’s pushing It. Made me think what we need to put together in order to get us out a bad situation if one were to happen.
Might also consider a basic first course too.

bbckfh

Lil-Rokslider
A couple chest darts(ars needles as stated in op) if you know what they’re for and when they’re needed could be helpful and take up little space. Epi pen. Benadryl.
I’d suggest that this is a significant and often overlooked addition that is a basic skill to administer and may save a life. Think: bee stings…

Other than that, a stop-the-bleed kit or first aid kit or IFAK is generally all I have in such a range, and I do this for a living. I get more mileage out of bandaids for slide bite and those epipens than just about anything else.

Might also consider a basic first course too.
Both of us are retired Law enforcement and former Marines have been through numerous first aid courses, this is not to say a refresher course would hurt ,it seems like you really don’t think on these type of things until a situation such as reading this thread comes along, It’s definitely best to be in the this is what I will do instead of now what do I do or worse yet the Oooooh shit what now mind set.

bbckfh

Lil-Rokslider
Wondering if you need a script for those episodes pens?
One does. But any decent doc worth his salt should respond well to “doc, give me a script for this… I am worried about anaphylaxis”. Your insurance may be the bigger obstacle to paying for it. But you can always pay cash.

TaperPin

WKR
A copy of the instructions for properly mounting a scope, packaged with a big bandaid should be in the kit. LolB3665229-CD27-4BDB-9F2A-3BD1DC44E233.jpeg