Rally Right Stuff

David215

FNG
Anyone have experience with Tripod 34L ? Please let me know what you think. They are expensive. Are they worth the price ?

bradb

WKR
I am short so I do not have the L but do have a 34.
YES they are really good. Only you can decide if the price is worth it.
I also have the Vortex Radian and its a very good set up. Its apex is bigger when folded and heavier a very solid set up. All depends on your uses and needs

Last edited:
I have one arriving today actually. Tripods are one of those things that I decided I'd rather just get the best instead of trying to settle for a lesser product, that's why I bought the TFCT-34L with Anvil-30 head.

I have a TVC-34L mk2 with BH-55LR. I bought the tripod used on eBay and the ball head used off Craigslist. I would suggest searching the internet for gently used before buying new to save some money. eBay, Craigslist, forums, etc.

I am glad I bought the tripod. It is pretty hefty but it is a sacrifice I am willing to deal with. I went with the Long version as I am 6'7". I wanted to be able to stand behind it to glass and I can.

My TFCT-34L with Anvil-30 arrived today and I'm pretty impressed. The whole setup weighs 5.5# which I'm sure backpack hunters would balk at. Having said that for such a crucial part of my hunting system I'm willing to deal with the weight. It's basically as stable as prone for shooting purposes and I don't think I'll hate it for glassing purposes as much as I feared I might. The upside of the weight is that it'll help balance out my 10.5# rifle strapped to the opposite side of my backpack.

Split toe

WKR
I have one that I use for predator hunting at night with thermal and it is awesome. You can check out some of the videos and pictures I have posted on here. It is rock solid and worth every penny as far as I'm concerned!