Rain gear/frog toggs

Sleeperls

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone used it in a pinch. I'd like to have some along for Nov in Colorado, but feel I'll deal more with snow than rain. Figured this would be a cheaper alternative for this year while I upgrade my kit.

Anyone use the tops and bottoms?

I’ve used the ultra light version extensively. I would highly recommend them for what you describe. They will tear if you bust brush with them, but are also repaired easily with duct tape. They are waterproof and more breathable than many other options. 12oz for the ultralight suit is very hard to beat. I would not rely on them outside of summer/early fall use, although they did well with freezing rain/snow in Wyoming last year. On a separate trip 7B9C5BC7-BB1C-4546-9607-B21D6CEA8F3A.jpegI also did an 8.5 mile deer pack out in the rain with them, fully expecting them to get trashed and fail, but they didn’t. Unless you want to spend big bucks on raingear they are the bees knees IMO.

HuntnID

FNG
I just spent a full day in the rain with Frogg Toggs. They work great. I was completely dry. Unless you're pushing brush and really live in the rain gear, I think Frogg Toggs is where it's at.

OP
S

Sleeperls

Lil-Rokslider
That was kind my theory here. I'll be staying in a hotel every night so I won't be living in them. But I want to have something with me just in case. I'll invest in high dollar rain gear when I do a Sept hunt.

They will work great for a pinch, I have used them for years and never got wet til I hiked around for hours in the pouring rain and even then I just got wet a lil on my chest but everything else was dry.

easilyamused

Lil-Rokslider
Ive used a few different versions over the years and have nothing but good things to say about them. I usually have the camo all sport version as my go-to rain gear but I also picked up the emergency jacket (3 or 4 oz, less than $10) to keep in my pack for those “zero chance of rain” days. With the regular versions they get a lot softer and quieter with use so to start with ill throw them in the dryer (no to low heat) to tumble them around to speed up the break in process, otherwise when theyre new its like wearing a tarp.

I've never used the rain gear but I bought some of their waders in a pinch. The waders worked great for about two seasons until they started to leak in the crotch along the seams (probably from breaking ice with my knees).

I wouldn't hesitate to try their rain gear but I don't think I would want it for November on Colorado.