Raffle Winning Choice: Sig Cross or CA FFT

So I won a raffle. And due to a weird situation, they’re letting me pick either a Christensen Ridgeline FFT 6.5 PRC or a Sig Cross in 6.5 Creedmoor (I initially entered for the Sig). I already have a Tikka T3X 30-06 and a Winchester XPR 223. My gun safe is pretty empty otherwise.

Any input? I guess I could just pick either and sell for a Tikka.

OP
jeffhelland
I wouldn’t even take a free CA rifle. It’d be an Sig for me haha.

I tried to find threads that outlined why people don’t like CA. Is it some thing specific? Or just general lack of QC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The CA FFT and it isnt even close between the 2. I have that rifle in 280 AI and love it. Most CA haters have never owned one.

I tried to find threads that outlined why people don’t like CA. Is it some thing specific? Or just general lack of QC?

Several years ago their QC process was weak. They brought barrel manufacturing in house and it has gotten better. I own several CA rifles and they are all shooters.

waspocrew

WKR

Lack of QC - you’ll get a lemon with every manufacturer, but CA seemed to have had a lot of problems.

I don’t own one because in my mind, there are way better factory rifles to purchase than to take the gamble with CA. My brother had two CA rifles - a mesa and ridgeline. Mesa did not have acceptable accuracy, so he traded it to Cabelas towards a Ridgeline. The Ridgeline shot well, but had an extremely tight chamber to the point where some factory ammo wouldn’t chamber. The Ridgeline went down the road as well.

Maybe they’ve changed and have better QC. At this point, I’ve scratched them off my list of possibilities when considering a factory rifle purchase.

ruger35

FNG
Put me in the Sig camp. Multiple threads on other forums about CA not shooting and their CS chiming in on threads. My last two range trips have involved CA rifles that won’t group. Guy today is considering buying a new rifle 3 weeks before he leaves for a hunt. Older CA rifles were good, now it’s a crapshoot.

z987k

WKR
I wouldn't hunt with the cross either. The slightest bump brings the bolt out of battery, but it'll still go click.
Mag release also catches on all sorts of things and gets lost on a hike.

Great range gun though.

Last edited:
OP
jeffhelland
Jesus. So just pick one, sell it and buy another tikka? Or be a big boy and don’t let forum dudes make decisions for me? (It’s archery opener down here tomorrow and I’ve had a few oat sodas)

I have no experience with the Sig but do own a Ridgeline in 6.5 PRC. I’ve had it three years. One of the most accurate rifles I own. I’ve had no problems with it. Below is a group of three I shot last week. 1727486036314.jpeg

pharmfisher

Lil-Rokslider
Go watch backfire's review on YouTube of a Christensen. It's a fairly recent video I believe. The gun shoots terrible and hardly cycles. He has since said that he will no longer review any of their guns as every one he has seen has been awful.