QuierKat 65% off

Rackmastr

WKR
Sounds like my Pioneer 750 arrived today. Interested to test it out and ride it a bit. I read today on FB from someone who said its more of a 'rails to trails' type bike and not generally equipped for hilly country or backcountry stuff. Is it just battery life thats affected that causes them to be a bit short-lived in the hills, or a combo of hub drive vs mid drive?
It was a screaming deal obviously, but am interested to see if it passes the test of something I think will be useful enough for hunting as well as around town rides. Guessing the prairies would be easy to cruise around with but longer climbs might be out of its comfort zone. TIme will tell!

JasonT

Lil-Rokslider
I don't have experience as this is my first ebike, but I have the 750 and you have to put in some effort going up hills. I would say it has to do more with it being a hub versus mid drive.

Rackmastr

WKR
I don't have experience as this is my first ebike, but I have the 750 and you have to put in some effort going up hills. I would say it has to do more with it being a hub versus mid drive.

Thanks, will do some figuring to see if its something that will work for me or not. Guessing I wouldnt have a hard time selling it if not.

Billinsd

WKR
Make sure you have the Pioneer 750 in level 5 power. I got a moderately steep, paved road, a block long by my house and it barely goes up it in level 1. In level 5 it zips right up without any pedaling. I weigh 200 lbs and have 18 psi in the tires. It's not a motorcycle, but I'm real impressed with its speed and performance.

Last edited:

hunt1up

WKR
Here’s some pics of a cheap rear rack I bought to try on either bike. I ended up keeping it on the pioneer. There’s some clamp brackets that come with it that won’t work so I threw them out and was able to attach to some of the existing mount holes on the bike. Very easy. You could also just buy the seat post version and it’s plenty sturdy for most things.

Link to rack: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B071R6SPZT?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

0208306934f1c0d36ac7965884559eae.jpg

635eb7ba4de18431100041cdfb24a21e.jpg

ez_willie

Lil-Rokslider
$80 after discount and promo code. Looks similar enough to the other cheap ones at half price or more.

Attachments

• IMG_7775.png
    IMG_7775.png
    307.4 KB · Views: 69

MIbowhunter4954

Lil-Rokslider
$80 after discount and promo code. Looks similar enough to the other cheap ones at half price or more.

I had two 750W mid drive rambos on this rack (not the same brand, but I'm sure its coming out of the same shop in Wuhan), took it on a 28 hour round-trip ride to Canada. Included some of the roughest offroading I've ever done with or without a bike rack.

Bikes hung in there, but the "wheel hoops" deformed (bent toward the ground) on the back tires of both bikes. Front hoops survived.

Broomd

WKR
I"m thinking of taking my aluminum hitch rack/carrier and adding a couple of 5'-6' 4.5" aluminum channels on it for hauling these bikes. Couple of 4x4's under the channels to flush out the gap from the top rail.
Then a 2x2" alum tube across the front end of the channel stock to ratchet strap the bikes L&R at the bars/stem. Those racks typically have a 500lb limit so weight shouldn't be an issue.

Securing the tongue in the receiver nice and tight will be the key for less movement.

shopping

Last edited:

KHNC

WKR
In my experience, a Hub drive is garbage compared to a mid drive of the same power. Mid drive seems to be way more durable overall as well. Hub drive failures have been an issue for me in the past. Not so on my 2 mid drives that i have now.

Fowl Play

WKR
In my experience, a Hub drive is garbage compared to a mid drive of the same power. Mid drive seems to be way more durable overall as well. Hub drive failures have been an issue for me in the past. Not so on my 2 mid drives that i have now.
The one weak point of mid drives is that derailleur (already had one in the thread have this broken on delivery, they can break easily in the field on rocks, logs, etc). Bring an extra with you or a way to shorten the chain to make it into a fixed gear in the field. If that derailer breaks on a rock, 15miles from a trailhead— you are shit outta luck. Only real benefit to the Bafang hub drives, as long as the back tire is still attached to the bike, you are getting home. All ebike companies have this Achilles heel it seems. They slap a derailleur that’s 6” off the ground and meant for a 25lb mountain bike onto a bike over 3 times heavier that travels faster. Allot of hunting specific mid-drives make them fixed 3rd gear now

Last edited:

JGTWI

WKR
Finally got my pioneers picked up today- was an absolute goat rodeo with FedEx signature required. Not sure if I messed it up by trying to adjust mid-shipment or if FedEx just had their wires crossed, but yikes.

Either way, both bikes came with the upgraded 12ah batteries instead of the 9ah that were listed, so that’s cool. Can’t wait to get them assembled and try not to hurt myself 😀

Fedex oh boy, I left a note with my phone number on the door to call me and I would have someone there in less than 5 minutes. 2:30 I got a text that said nobody's home need to sign. Coming back tomorrow. I get home, note on the door right next to my note, be back tomorrow.
Apparently it's to hard to call versus driving back again.

Jn78

Lil-Rokslider
They didn't even ring the doorbell at my house. Just dropped the boxes by my garage.

HuntCrazy

Lil-Rokslider
Got an email response...

Hello Bruce,
Thank you for contacting QuietKat. Your order is currently in process and should ship this weekend. Increased order volume has caused fulfillment delays. Please allow up to 10 business days for your order to ship. Thank you for your patience. All items are in stock. Tracking information will be sent to this email address when the items ship.

Happy Trails
Have a Wonderful Day!

Looks like my 2 bikes are still a possibility at this point! LOL!

Aswob5

FNG
How long ago did you order? I got a notification yesterday for some accessories I ordered but nothing for the bike yet