Quick ear plugs

180ls1

WKR
What are you guys running for quick/easy earplugs when hunting (just before the shot)?

Time and weight are a consideration.

CorbLand

WKR
Is that ever bothersome on your neck? I assume you just rock it 24/7?
I honestly dont even know they are there half the time. I just put them around my neck when I leave the pickup and hang them on the rearview mirror when I get back. Takes half a second to pop them in. Only time I have trouble is when I am duck hunting and have cold weather gear on.

The ones posted by Taudisio are the actual ones that I use. I just couldnt remember the brand and couldnt find them.

Taudisio

WKR
I honestly dont even know they are there half the time. I just put them around my neck when I leave the pickup and hang them on the rearview mirror when I get back. Takes half a second to pop them in. Only time I have trouble is when I am duck hunting and have cold weather gear on.

The ones posted by Taudisio are the actual ones that I use. I just couldnt remember the brand and couldnt find them.
I leave them in the truck all year on the gearshifter. Use them the same way as Corb. No issues on your neck. If you’ve ever seen Hickock45 on YouTube, he runs them and you can see how fast in/out they are. No twisting

The examples shown above are not adequate for my ears and hearing loss (likely from shooting). Nothing beats a quality, low profile set of muffs up on your hat/head that can be quickly deployed. No risk of missing the ear canal with inserts.

CorbLand

WKR
I will add and people make fun of me for it. If I am wearing them for long periods of time and moving, twist the plastic part up and "hook" it on the damnit button on your hat. It saves them from bouncing up and down. That does get really annoying.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I’ve tried those as well. They work ok but I’ve broken a few putting on heavy packs. Probably the best quick option. The best ear plugs in a suppressor of course.

strousek

WKR

I put a set of these in my bino harness. Can also hang them around your neck and tuck them in your shirt in the front. Very quick and easy to slip in before shooting. I also use these with my son and as he is getting set up for a shot I can push these in his ears very quickly.

I put a set of these in my bino harness. Can also hang them around your neck and tuck them in your shirt in the front. Very quick and easy to slip in before shooting. I also use these with my son and as he is getting set up for a shot I can push these in his ears very quickly.

Just bought from that link you shared, good stuff. Thanks for posting it.

strousek

WKR
Just bought from that link you shared, good stuff. Thanks for posting it.
For sure man. These are on a simple cheap shoe lace type material. You can easily cut the string to whatever length you want. The plugs just slip on and off so put a little piece of heat shrink on the cut string and it slips right back into the plug. I shorten them for my son so they don't hang down in his way hiking.

Sled

WKR