Questions for Stone Glacier Owners out there. Need help with mine.

OP
hflier

hflier

WKR
I ran out to my truck and threw on one of the Velcro pulls. Looks like a solid fix. I will install the other and try them on my lunch hike tomorrow.

Derek0525

WKR
So are the Velcro pulls for the old style belt? I bought the first gen pulls when they came out not realizing they were for the new waist belts

jmez

WKR
No. They are a modification to the first gen pulls. Some of us had problems with the buckles not staying square and then folding over when trying to use the pulls. In talking to Kurt it seemed to be mainly a problem with guys that have a skinny waist.

sr80

WKR
I was having troubles with my power pulls too. I got the ones with velcro but i still didnt really like how they twisted since the 2 inch webbing is so flimsy or twisty. I also have a MR6500 which has a much stiff 2 inch webbing belt material. I have the oneirosvalley power pulls on it, so I pulled the power pulls off my MR yesterday before my hike and put them on my SG, holy what a difference. I can tighten that belt down so much easier and tighter with that style of power pull without any twisting in the belt. I ordered another set from oneirosvalley in black for my SG. Not saying that kurts design isnt good, but this works better for me. I think i did read somewhere that his new ones are a stiffer material which would resolve it too.

jmez

WKR
Those are kind of neat, never seen them before. You really want tension, flip them around so they are on the other side of the tri slide buckle on the waistbelt.

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
SR80, thanks for the feedback. We have been working on an updated set of hip pulls that should remedy the exact issue you are talking about. A bit of background, the webbing we use is a more flexible blend that is hydrophobic, it will not absorb as much moisture as the tighter weave you are referencing. This aids in moving through the buckles when straps can be stiff due to wet straps that become frozen in cold temps or when they can be coated in dried blood. However, the flexibility of the webbing with the hip pulls has caused rolling or slippage for some customers depending on belt size and set up (angle at which the pull exits the 2" trislide buckle.) Our fix is to use the tighter weave webbing with Velcro for the hip pulls, through testing this has shown to remedy any movement of the 2” common loop and rolling issues. This will also allow the hip pull to be put on the frame side (behind the 2” trislide buckle of the hip belt) for smaller waist sizes as jmez mentioned while maintaining a straight pull and not torqueing the 2” trislide on the belt. We are scheduled to have these new hip pulls in a couple weeks, happy to swap out for anyone having an issue. I appreciate the feedback from customers on the issue as it has led to a remedy as I personally have not had any slippage.
Derek0525, feel free to email me and we will either get you your money back for those hip pulls you purchased or work out a deal for the updated belt. I don’t want you to get stuck with a product if you can’t use it. [email protected]
Kurt

The larger waistline theory is something I hadn't considered but it makes sense. I wear a medium belt and still have slippage with velcro pulls.

OP
hflier

hflier

WKR
I bought the oneirosvalley belt pulls for my SG packs. Simple design, a little tough to get on the pack but rock solid and work great. Completely fixed my issue.

pacific-23

Lil-Rokslider
Just got to play around with my sky 7400 for the first time last night. Really liking the pack but the power pulls capsized on me immediately. I removed the hip belt buckles, unthreaded the 2" webbing from the trislides, put it through the power pulls and the reinstalled everything. Works great now. They can float along the 2" webbing but with everything under tension I don't anticipate any problems. I think tomorrow I'll go ahead and cut the short web straps off the power pulls as it is no longer needed.

WestDan

Lil-Rokslider
Can't say enough about Kurt's CS. Always there to help. Got some new hip pulls today with the Velcro and they work so much better! I guess my waist is smaller than I thought because I was having to torque down the belt with heavier loads and the pulls would slip. Now they don't with the Velcro. Think it's a pretty good fix.

muleman

WKR
Kurt thanks once again! The new stiffer pulls arrived today. I was skeptical, after comparing them to the Gen 1 pulls, that they would resolve the twisting I was having. To my amazement I no longer have any twisting and have perfectly functional pulls now.

You, your customer service and packs are a class act.

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
West Dan and Muleman, thanks for the feedback, great to hear the pulls are working well for you. While there were only a couple subtle changes pulls, it greatly increases the function and options. If needed, the pulls can now be positioned behind of the 2" trislide on the belt (frame side) for those that have smaller waist sizes. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with. We will have a new installation video up soon.
Best,
Kurt

sr80

WKR
I was having troubles with my power pulls too. I got the ones with velcro but i still didnt really like how they twisted since the 2 inch webbing is so flimsy or twisty. I also have a MR6500 which has a much stiff 2 inch webbing belt material. I have the oneirosvalley power pulls on it, so I pulled the power pulls off my MR yesterday before my hike and put them on my SG, holy what a difference. I can tighten that belt down so much easier and tighter with that style of power pull without any twisting in the belt. I ordered another set from oneirosvalley in black for my SG. Not saying that kurts design isnt good, but this works better for me. I think i did read somewhere that his new ones are a stiffer material which would resolve it too.

Got my sky archer bag in the mail yesterday, with swing out pocket and the rifle sling. Awesome pack, thats all i have to say, its perfect for me, that rifle sling works amazing, what a great design and idea. Then today there was another package from stone glacier, its the updated powerpulls with the stiffer 2" inch webbing. I didnt even ask for them...what awesome customer service. I took out the other ones I bought and put these in, they work great! Very impressed!