QUESTIONS FOR KUIU - podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjblt

WKR
#1: Also, and more importantly, will Kuiu make an insulated jacket with the Kutana face fabric and I'm not talking about the Gale Force or the Kutana Hybrid. I'm looking for a Kenai with durable face fabric at about 60 to 120 gms insulation.I live in Oregon and I need a durable insulation layer.

#2: Also, regarding synthetic insulation; many people have stated that synthetic insulation loses its loft and that seems to be the consensus across the board. How does 3DeFX stack up? Is it durable? How long does it take for it to be at 80% or 60% of its loft? Should guys that are concerned about this just use fleece for insulation? Will Kuiu be coming out with a 300 to 400 weight fleece/mid-layer to fill that roll?

#3: Will Kuiu be coming out with inbetween waist sizes on pants? I'm a 33 waist in Kuiu and I know others that have the same issue. It really does matter as 34's are noticeably baggy on me.

With the buisness model of affordable hunting gear, why is that the same product keeps going up in price year after year? Back in 2015 a guide jacket was around $140 now they are $220.

Benjblt

WKR
With the buisness model of affordable hunting gear, why is that the same product keeps going up in price year after year? Back in 2015 a guide jacket was around $140 now they are $220.
It wasnt $140 full price. It definately was cheaper though.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Benjblt

WKR
Also, are they going to do anymore Fafebook live releases like Jason used to do? I liked those things.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

beardedbowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Why are sleeves so long? The sleeves on my Kenai and Peloton 118 are really long and baggy. I’d like to see more fitted gear.

Why is the ultra packs being discontinued? Why isn’t the new pro series ran with the same lighter fabric as the ultra series?

Wks41

FNG
Are there any future plans to introduce any whitetail specific pieces? I know it is a direction Kuiu said it wasn’t planning on going in but I am hoping there will be a shift Kuiu is missing a big market.

LaHunter

WKR
Any chance Kuiu would consider offering the pack frame in a 23” & 25” size, in addition to the current sizes?

Boudreaux

Lil-Rokslider
Why did they choose to use velcro on the bottom of their bino harness? Instead of molle

280ack

FNG
I would ask why we as the consumers are paying top dollar for this gear? Historically the manufacturing costs of "soft goods" overseas is usually 6%-22% of the retail sale price in large volume places like Cabelas/Bass Pro and so on. I like the gear, I own the gear and realize that the company needs to make a profit to be in business, I get it. The continued increase in prices doesnt support the go direct advertising.
The cost on items like these (technical soft good products), without marketing and admin support is generally 10%-17% of the sell price. I am more and more aware of other than KUIU brands because they just dont treat the consumers as well as others, from a price point and CS perspective. I see that buying from a middle man allows for actual sales and returns for size issues and so on. The value chain appears to be stronger for non direct sales outlets and this conflicts with the company mantra.
In a more and more competitive market how are they going to retain the consumers?

(I could have not been paying attention the last couple years, but...) I'm interested in Kuiu making a strong pivot as a supporter of public lands and conservation. I think Jason Hairston dodged the questions posed to him by Jay Scott on his podcast years ago. It's easy to perceive Kuiu as the brand for folks that hire outfitters and hunt sheep in BC or Alaska, or giant elk on private ranches, stuff most blue collar/middle class folks don't do. Kuiu should humbly approach First Lite and Sitka with hat in hand and make a strong announcement of this pivot.

FWIW I own a bunch of Kuiu stuff, and generally like it. I use things a long time and tend to not replace gear until it's worn out. I haven't bought any Kuiu since I heard Hairston on that podcast but I have bought First Lite and Sitka since. I would be way more likely to replace or add gear with Kuiu stuff if they changed their tune on public lands and conversation.

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider
I like KUIU. Still cheaper than other top end brands for now. If their prices continue to climb I would consider probably shifting gears. In the mean time, I am KUIU only for now.

I have my wife on-board with my gear purchases and she wants KUIU product but their really isnt a whole lot to choose from. Some girlier, more original stuff would be nice. A lot of it is the same design printed on different garments regardless of gender or age class.

The other thing that drives me up the wall is knowing what I need for my next order, saving for it just to put the order together on the web site and only be able to buy 25% of my planned order because everything is out of stock. Why? This happens A LOT.

Simply put, these facts alone make me begin to look at Sitka. I want to hunt with quality gear which means I need my wife on-board. Best way to do that is for her to experience her own gear. Not possible without a full women's line and certainly not possible if what she wants isnt even in stock for the next couple months. To be frank, as pro KUIU as I am with her it embarrasses me that "my" company doesn't support these functions.

It is a new season and I need more gear. The longer things are out of stock, the longer I have to contemplate and consider other companies.

I saw Kuiu at the Great American Outdoor Show and got the feeling they're testing the waters in the whitetail market?

Status
Not open for further replies.