Question on SKRE

I have been looking at there cloths an want to know if anyone can give anybody feedback would be great.

I would say quality wise they are at least 90% of the big names like Sitka and kuiu. If you aren’t living in your gear 100 plus days it is an excellent option and price wise it is much cheaper than the big names. They have also shown themselves to be an excellent company that stands behind the products they sell.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would say quality wise they are at least 90% of the big names like Sitka and kuiu. If you aren’t living in your gear 100 plus days it is an excellent option and price wise it is much cheaper than the big names. They have also shown themselves to be an excellent company that stands behind the products they sell.
I will agree with this and add that Skre doesn’t have the expansive catalog or all the bells and whistles. Still waiting on a light weight synthetic hoodie

I have some Skre stuff, but haven't really put it to the test yet. Like someone else said there stuff seems to be about 80 or 90% the quality of the top brands but at a pretty significantly lower price point. They have a lifetime guarantee and that's why I pulled the trigger on a few of their items, and their camo looked like a pretty good match for my environment.

I have the early season pants and a gridlite fleece hoodie (they call it a jacket).

Early Season Pant - The pants are comfortable, breathable, they have horizontal stretch but no vertical stretch (which I didn't realize at first because I think vertical stretch is a lot more noticeable in a pant) but they do have side zips, and seem pretty breathable anyways so they should stay comfortable even in very warm weather. Not much taper on bottom so I think I'll need to find some boot bands or run some shock cord through the hem to cinch those up a bit. They're kind of like a ripstop nylon but softer yet seemingly tougher.

The hoodie is comfortable and quiet (except for the nylon dwr material they used for the chest pocket. I guess its nice to have a pocket with face that won't wear through or become stretched and sloppy, but its a little patch of noisiness if something brushes against it, and I think I'd prefer they didn't add that). I wish it had pit zips to vent heat because its kind of thick (maybe comparable to 300 wool?) They could have easily added a cinch in the hood too so you could get the extra material secure, but they way the hood fit I don't think it will get in the way of my peripheral vision enough to be a problem. The knit of the face is interesting, I haven't seen one quite like this before. The fabric is soft and pliable to the touch, meaning its also very quiet, but it has a tight grid weave so it seems coarse enough that it won't pill or snag too badly, and it'll probably shed a light wind.

100% Merino t-shirt is very solid considering the sale price I got it at and fit is a little less baggy than the hoodie, and totally fine for how I like my base layers to fit

Size (I'm 6' 170lbs) - I'm cursed of being between Medium and Large in almost every brand (except Sitka where I'm definitely just a large). And the fit of the hoodie is not athletic but more like any common brand with a lot of extra room if you have a big belly. (oh how I wish manufacturers made non-beer belly sizes, no offense to my beer drinking brethren)

If you get some gear you can get 20% off with the code 20off

Last edited: