Question for you guys on Black Friday post

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys, thanks for supporting the site and all our sponsors. I’d have ditched this gig years ago if you hadn’t!

Anyway, with BF coming up, I know we get random threads posted on BF Deals. Totally helpful but they seem scattered about And hard to find.

Wondering if I reached out to sponsors and directed them to ONE thread to post their deals on, or if status quo with various single subject threads floating about.

seems like it might be easier if all in one place but not sure as I’m not you.

hit me!

11/10/22 Update
OK guys, thanks for all the feedback.

The thread is live at link below.

My son @Cashman will be updating it as he receives the info from sponsors, so be sure and subscribe at "Watch" button in full site mode or the flag on TapaTalk, both at upper right of lead post so you don't miss anything.

Last edited:

Lurch12

Lil-Rokslider
What about their own forum, then they can create their own thread in it.
I’d prefer them listed together somehow.

bobr1

WKR
Yeah. Either a separate temporary forum or a thread in gear deals forum, which is where I normally see the Black Friday deals anyways.

Even if you could keep it to actual deal posts like the photo contest, cold bow challenge.
No comments, aka ohh that looks good etc etc.

Once its 8 pages and half of it is comments about something someone already posted i quit looking and move on.

So maybe an official, pinned to top thread created by a mod in the deal forum with some guidelines so it is just less sloppy would be my vote.

And maybe mods could post the sponsors in the OP so we know who supports what.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Even if you could keep it to actual deal posts like the photo contest, cold bow challenge.
No comments, aka ohh that looks good etc etc.

Once its 8 pages and half of it is comments about something someone already posted i quit looking and move on.

So maybe an official, pinned to top thread created by a mod in the deal forum with some guidelines so it is just less sloppy would be my vote.

And maybe mods could post the sponsors in the OP so we know who supports what.

That’s a good idea man. I could just lock the thread and me and the mods just post the deals on there as the sponsor send them in. As mentioned above I’m sure those of the other single threads floating around, but at least we might have some coherence for Black Friday shoppers on Rokslide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sndmn11

WKR
If the Black Friday thread can be posted on by anyone, there should be swiftly strict unwavering removal of any posts that are not deals. I hate wading through a bunch of "tag" or useless comments and conversations to find the links.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
If the Black Friday thread can be posted on by anyone, there should be swiftly strict unwavering removal of any posts that are not deals. I hate wading through a bunch of "tag" or useless comments and conversations to find the links.
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking I will just lock it. People don’t really need to comment on it, they just need to see all the deals in one place.

mlgc20

WKR
Can we do both? The sponsors can create there own threads. But, there would be a pinned theead that was only edited by the mods with a link to each sponsors thread. Just a thought.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Can we do both? The sponsors can create there own threads. But, there would be a pinned theead that was only edited by the mods with a link to each sponsors thread. Just a thought.

I think there will be both because some sponsors post their own anyways. We won’t stop them for sure.

I'm not advocating for a locked sponsor thread.
Although I do appreciate there and you're loyalty.

As I think could be a lot of not even hunting related suggestions.

Id just like a clean thread where it is only actual deals.
With possibly the sponsors in the OP

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
I thought once upon a time we had a ‘deal/Black Friday thread. Did I imagine it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jmez

WKR
That’s a good idea man. I could just lock the thread and me and the mods just post the deals on there as the sponsor send them in. As mentioned above I’m sure those of the other single threads floating around, but at least we might have some coherence for Black Friday shoppers on Rokslide

Good plan. Just lock it from the start.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
I’d also still like to see deals that may not be from a sponsor as well. But as BRT mentioned-they get clogged with garbage quick.
Is there a way to keep it to JUST deals?

The WIN/WIN would be both a sponsor deals thread AND non sponsor-member submitted thread BOTH free from nonsense.

Cargyle13

FNG
I think that is a good idea. Even if each brand had their own with adding bf2021 to title to make it easier if searching.

ODB

WKR

Yes - black friday is a one-off event. They post their deals in once place, no fuss, no muss. Once they've all expired (I'd suggest the actual; dates of the sales are in the thread title so we're not clicking dead deals) they all go away until next year. Lather, rinse, repeat.