Question for those who don't run kit bags/koalas/bino harnesses

I'm looking to lighten my load-out. I've gotten so accustomed to having a koala worn, but wondering if I could do without. This could save some weight for me.

The thing I like about the koala is it's quick access to items.

Those of you who don't use such a thing, do you solely rely on hip-belt pouches to keep "quick access" gear (maps, notepad/pen, headlamp, gel's, knife/multitool, etc) ? How do you keep those items organized?

do you need access to your pad/pen, and maps that often/quickly?
headlamp in an interior/lid pocket or belt pocket is fine for me. knife goes in my pocket. gels and snacks in belt pouch. camera in the other side. my camera and snacks are my most often accessed items. everything else can be gotten to when stopping.

DaveS

Lil-Rokslider
The things I want quick access to without having to take off my pack go into a belt pouch or pockets. Things I use all the time go into pockets such as my GPS, handkerchief, and pocket knife. Snacks, light gloves, calls and headlamp go into a belt pouch.

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I want access to a cell phone or a camera to take pics, as well as water. A couple hipbelt pockets and water bottle pockets accomplish this.

Food, gps, map, clothes, toilet kit, etc, etc, goes in a Talon. Everything else in the main pack bag.

I just don't need access to that much stuff while underway.

OP
R
So I had a large belt pouch and put gloves, stinger gels, notepad, pen, knife and map in it. Plenty of room to spare so I'll pick up a medium belt pouch instead. I think this should work out.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
All of my hunting pants are the 6-pocket cargo style. Everything I need quick access to is in the pockets. Windicator, watch, calls, rangefinder, and gps. I keep my camera in a pack waist belt zippered pocket. Anything else I need, I don't need quickly so it all goes inside the pack. GPS is usually inside the pack as well.