Question about Sitka Jetstream jacket/hood update.

I received a Sitka Jetstream jacket from a vendor today. The jacket had no tags on it at all. I’m referring to the 3-4 paper/cardboard hang tags that tell what the jacket is, Sitka label, the Gortex tag...etc. Not really a big deal to me, but made me wonder if it was a return item. The issue is.....I thought the “updated” version of this jacket had the little loop on the back of the collar where you could roll the hood up in itself and place the loop around the draw cord keeper so the hood would stay rolled up. This jacket does not have that loop on the collar like I seen in the video reviews. Is this an older version that I was sent? When it arrived with no tags and then I seen it didn’t have the loop on the collar, it just made me think it was an older return item and the last one they had.

The vendor has already agreed to take it back, but I just want to make sure I’m right about the updated version having the loop on the collar to roll the hood up. If this isn’t how they are currently, I’ll just keep it.

wapitibob

WKR
There is no loop or way to roll up the hood on my jetstream that I can see, purchased in June. Mine is exactly as pictured on the Sitks site, pull cord on back of hood.

OP
Trevor73402
This video was published in October. If you listen/look at the 40 second mark, she says this jacket has been updated and it shows the loop and how the hood rolls up. I guess it really isn’t that big or a deal. I just wanted to make sure I didn’t get an older version. I guess the only way to know for sure is to call Sitka. They are out of the office today for a waterfowl hunt.

Last edited:
Does yours have the loop on the inside of the collar that says "SITKA" ? After watching the video, I was able to roll the hood up and pull the loop over the grey plastic thingy on the back of the hood like she did. If yours doesn't have the "Sitka" loop or the grey thingy on back of the hood, then you might have an older model. I didn't know that was designed that way, and doubt that I will ever use it.

OP
Trevor73402
Yes, mine has the grey Sitka hang loop inside the jacket, but that is not the loop she is using to secure the collar with. That loop is on the back of the collar. I’ll just give Sitka a call on Monday and see what they say. It’s really not a big deal. I just wanted to make sure mine wasn’t old/defective.

I 'm sorry, wasn't watching real close. I see now that there is another loop (not the one I was talking about) between the collar and the hood. Mine does not have that. Also, it appears that the loop in the video that is on the inside of the collar where the tag would be, seems to be a stretch elastic material, not nylon like mine with the SITKA on it. It appears the Jacket in the video is not like mine. Apparently I have the older model. Sorry for the confusion and mis-information.

I got my jet stream several years ago and it has the loop in question. I have had the hood rolled up all season as it has been pretty dry when hunting.

Learned about the loop on this forum