Question about broadhead tuning

Shraedus

FNG
I had my bow setup and broadhead tuned and decided to change things up. I switched to a Fast Eddie 3 pin slider. I have yet to sight it in and am excited about doing so. The thing is, this is my first slider sight, and I am curious about if there are any differences in the broadhead tuning aspect of it. I could just shoot expendable's but prefer fixed blades. Once sighted in for field points, will I have to resight in once I get it broadhead tuned and use a different tape? Thanks.

madgrad02

WKR
If your bow is tuned properly, then the fixed broadheads should fly and impact with your fieldpoints - at least no discernable POI shift...

OP
S

Shraedus

FNG
If your bow is tuned properly, then the fixed broadheads should fly and impact with your fieldpoints - at least no discernable POI shift...
No, I understand that aspect, I was just wonder if there is any difference when using the slider sights. Maybe I am just over thinking this lol! I had them impacting the same using the other sight. I guess thinking about it more, it's the same process.

Just swapping out the sight won't affect the tune. If BH's and FP's are hitting together now, they should still hit together with the new sight.

If the bow is not tuned, I would do a rough sight-in first (just needs to be good enough to keep arrows somewhere on the target), tune, then adjust the sight to match where the tuned arrows are hitting.

Smtn10pt

FNG
As long as you arent changing anything that touches the arrow it should be fine.

OP
S

Shraedus

FNG
Just swapping out the sight won't affect the tune. If BH's and FP's are hitting together now, they should still hit together with the new sight.

If the bow is not tuned, I would do a rough sight-in first (just needs to be good enough to keep arrows somewhere on the target), tune, then adjust the sight to match where the tuned arrows are hitting.
Thanks, yeah I am overthinking this to be honest. I am just not real familiar with sliders.

madgrad02

WKR
No, I understand that aspect, I was just wonder if there is any difference when using the slider sights. Maybe I am just over thinking this lol! I had them impacting the same using the other sight. I guess thinking about it more, it's the same process.
Gotcha - yeah, not familiar with the Spot Hogg sights, but with HHA, you sight in at 20 and 60yds, subtract the numbers on the sight-in tape and that will give you the approximate tape #/speed you needed.

Elkhntr08

WKR
You’re definitely over thinking it.
I switch between a SH Fast Eddie and a Real Deal all the time, depending on what I’m going after. Finally settled on the Fast Eddie 3 pin.

NYSKIER

WKR
Like everyone said, overthinking! Nothing to worry about. Only thing I've noticed is that once you get around 90 with a fixed (for me at least) you have to compensate for it a bit. I've seen some other archer on here say that as well.

JaySalt

FNG
The only other thing i would consider when changing sights, is that you may need to adjust and re-level that particular sight to your bow

Nawender

FNG
I switched from a fixed pin to a slider last year and didn’t have any trouble regarding broadhead flight versus field points. I did have trouble running out of yardage adjustment on the slider because my peep was set a little too low.

CB4

WKR
They should be very similar. If anything a fix blade head will be slightly slower due to more drag. At most it might be off by one sight tape.

AKJ

FNG
The sight won’t affect your tune. Just make sure all the axis have been adjusted on the sight to ensure it is square with the bow.

Luked

WKR
Sight wont affect anything. Your arrow dosent take flight from the sight.
If the rest is good nock point is good and bow is tuned your golden
Just follow directions to get the sight tape setup.