Quarantine Training & Motivation

This is thread is for sharing what you've been doing to stay sane if you're among those of us who are quarantined at home to varying degrees. Share ideas, get inspired, and come out of this pandemic better shooters, hunters, hikers, athletes, and heck, better people in general.

Let's hear what you've been doing guys... post it up!

We have been going hiking pretty much everyday. Wife got some bands and small weights to workout with. But we just use common sense and haven’t gone dumb like most people and just stay shacked up in the house all day everyday.

For motivation we have been buying a ton of camping and backpacking gear and planning for some upcoming family camping trips.

Just got my MR Beartooth 80 pack and getting ready for upcoming Turkey season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wapiti1

WKR
Yard work. Archery with my grandson. Archery for myself (new recurve). More yard work. Getting the boat ready. Getting my Mustang cleaned up for the summer. Waiting for the shrooms to pop. PT on my knee so I can start hiking with a pack and train for Alaska this fall. Reloading. Trying to watch as little TV as possible.

As the weather warms, I have a pedestal to make for a couple of my African mounts. I also have a shotgun to make a stock for. And a dozen other gun related shop projects.

Other than going out to eat on occasion, our spring isn't a lot different than normal. A definite perk of living in the country.

Jeremy

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been getting as many home projects done as I can. Currently putting a new roof on the shed. I’ve also been hiking a couple times a week to burn off some energy. Trout season starts in 10 days and spring turkey is a couple weeks after that. The more I get done, the more time I have for those activities!

I was 55lbs heavier about 5 years ago. I step on the scale and monitor my weight if I gain weight it’s plenty of motivation to offset any lack of intrinsic. I’d say monitor your struggles some people fight to gain mass so they should be motivated if they’re losing.

Kentucky

WKR
I’m finishing a new house, as far as good timing for bad crap to happen...perfect for me.. drawing unemployment and giving me time that I didn’t have to finish new place.

ramped up some new to me gear over winter, tuning semi new recurve rig.

mmcdonough

Lil-Rokslider
Work schedule hasn't changed for me yet. I started doing the MTNTOUGH 30-30 program though and it's been awesome. Waiting for the rest of this snow to melt before I start hiking around in the woods. Turkey season starts in less than 2 weeks though!

Indyal

Lil-Rokslider
I am doing daily dry fire practice with my rifle at realistic miniature animal figurines. I try multiple positions and see if the crosshairs stay steady.

stonewall

WKR
i've not been getting the exercise I want. I had been ramping up training at the start of the year, but exercise lately has been "little of something is better than all of nothing." ran 3 miles this morning. did a nice sandbag work out couple days ago. shooting my bow when i can. archery and running is the best stress reliever for me

Poser

WKR
Did a few laps on this sweet pump track yesterday afternoon.

77f29da12dd56e7390e1c9f1ea1327c2.jpg

GLB

WKR
I’m blessed that I live 7 miles outside a small town next to a National Forest With Plenty of fresh air hiking. I have what I need at home to workout and I have a archery range setup behind my house. Our church has service online at Sunday/night and Wednesday nights. We have prayer time with some of the church members by teleconference every other night. Our house is blessed with that and I’m very grateful.

jmcd22

WKR
Work schedule hasn't changed for me yet. I started doing the MTNTOUGH 30-30 program though and it's been awesome. Waiting for the rest of this snow to melt before I start hiking around in the woods. Turkey season starts in less than 2 weeks though!

I've been doing the 30-30 as well...had to take the last 4 days off from shin splints but it is an awesome program. Should resume tomorrow...finally.

As far as other stuff, I am working from home so my wife and I go on a few walks around the neighborhood per day. No yard work to be done yet but once we get some days in the mid to upper 50s, I'll get some stuff done. Been shooting the bow a little here and there as well.

Poser

WKR
Is horse gulch or Phil’s open? Anything in Moab? Just got a new Rocky Mtn.

Horse Gulch is open and dry as are a fair amount of trails in town, though wintering grounds closures are still in effect, so partial closures. Shady, North facing areas still have some snow and mud. Phil’s is open and rideable as is Alien Trail. I haven’t been to either, though, as both seem a little far to drive given the circumstances. Plus, I’m still fatbiking + splitboarding a bit (super conservatively) in LaPlata Canyon and not entirely ready to concede that winter is over.

Horse Gulch is open and dry as are a fair amount of trails in town, though wintering grounds closures are still in effect, so partial closures. Shady, North facing areas still have some snow and mud. Phil’s is open and rideable as is Alien Trail. I haven’t been to either, though, as both seem a little far to drive given the circumstances. Plus, I’m still fatbiking + splitboarding a bit (super conservatively) in LaPlata Canyon and not entirely ready to concede that winter is over.
Copy that. I just thought to ask because I’m sure there is some other roksliders that might want to know and pass on their local info. Maybe some folks are cabin fevered and need a trip from the front range to the desert. Im gonna ride horse tomorrow, thanks