QAD Exodus order from GOHUNT

Latebloomer

Lil-Rokslider
This is my first order from GOHUNT and for QAD Exodus broadheads. Has anyone receive broadheads with blades like this? To me, looking like the machine let the metal get way too hot. I didn’t even want to attempt removing blades at this point. Each of the broadheads have at least one blade like this. I’m planning on sending these back, but wanted others thoughts?

Attachments

• 451D49D5-47EA-4CBC-A953-7393D3F3B1D1.jpeg
    451D49D5-47EA-4CBC-A953-7393D3F3B1D1.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 188
OP
L

Latebloomer

Lil-Rokslider
That's the way all the Exodus blades look. They cut the notches after they are sharpened.

It doesn't effect them.
I’m guessing you noticed the other blades look clean on the same broadhead? You’re saying these are how they come from the factory??

I’m guessing you noticed the other blades look clean on the same broadhead? You’re saying these are how they come from the factory??

Yes, it's common for the blades to look like that. I don't have a bit of issue getting them sharp again after they hit the dirt. For a relatively cheap, widely available head I think they are the best out there.

Tod osier

WKR
This is my first order from GOHUNT and for QAD Exodus broadheads. Has anyone receive broadheads with blades like this? To me, looking like the machine let the metal get way too hot. I didn’t even want to attempt removing blades at this point. Each of the broadheads have at least one blade like this. I’m planning on sending these back, but wanted others thoughts?

The only problem with those is that they are not swept blades.

Could be galvanic corrosion (negligible) from stainless contacting mild steel tip. I’ve seen this on about every exodus lasting more than a year and from personal testing is a non-issue.

ncavi8tor

WKR
The last pack of Exodus 125 grain Full Blade heads I bought looked like that and I could not get them tight enough on the shaft to keep the blades from having some play. Yes, I removed the little rubber washer that is on them for packaging. Not very happy with them honestly. I ended up using Grim Reapers.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

OP
L

Latebloomer

Lil-Rokslider
The last pack of Exodus 125 grain Full Blade heads I bought looked like that and I could not get them tight enough on the shaft to keep the blades from having some play. Yes, I removed the little rubber washer that is on them for packaging. Not very happy with them honestly. I ended up using Grim Reapers.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I noticed my easton axis arrow with brass insert doesn’t catch a tremendous amount of threads of these broadheads when they’re installed. I didn’t want to remove the orings though.

Last edited:

Hwick3

FNG
I had problems with mine screwing on the shaft. After calling them they sent replacements and they tightened right up. They work phenomenal on whitetails!

Mi_fiveo

WKR
They all look like that and I've taken a load of animals with them. One of the best fixed blade broadheads available imo.