Q&A Leupold Mark 4HD 2.5-10x42mm FFP TMR

Stocky

Lil-Rokslider
I think in forms words, these are inconsistent. Which is a real bummer

Glad to hear they are aware of the rokslide drop test. I’m surprised she said their military test are far worst, when the scopes have been inconsistently passing/not passing

I’d really like for it to pass as it seems like a great hunting scope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Potentialy the test is not for ability to hold zero and passing is a lesser standard ie you could rezero it.

wapitibob

WKR
Took the Mark 4HD off the rail, cleaned the barrel and finished with lock-ease.
First shot was a wee bit hot, which I have not seen before. I've finished with the graphite for about a year now and haven't seen any 1st shot issues. Shot the six then shot 2 at 600 to confirm all is where it should be. This is the 24x pr3 version, 3x fired brass.

200 8-18-2024 (Small).jpg

8-18-2024 (Small).jpg

Marshfly

WKR
Got to see a Mk 4 HD in person while in Alaska last week while the Rep was visiting Granite View Sports. Great shop by the way. Quite a nice scope, turret feel, reticle was nice. Was a 6-24 model with christmas tree. I asked the rep if she was familiar with the Rokslide Drop Tests. She said "We are and our military tests are far worse than that" or something to that effect. She seemed quite knowledgeable and I was pleased to see the drop tests are at least on their radar. After a lot of discussion, I got the impression this scope might be able to pass. Fingers crossed because if it will pass I will buy one and drop my own. If it fails miserably, I won't bother.
Their test uses ability to rezero as a pass. Not ability to still hit the darn thing you need to.

Like saying a car passes a crash test because you can replace parts or can bend it back.

Wiscgunner

Lil-Rokslider
Their test uses ability to rezero as a pass. Not ability to still hit the darn thing you need to.

Like saying a car passes a crash test because you can replace parts or can bend it back.
I agree. I think a lot of people confuse the drop test which looks for a scope losing zero with the scope breaking and those are two entirely different things.

Last edited:

Dobermann

WKR
You don’t. Unless you get a T3 Arctic.
Or a Steyr Scout.

I know it doesn't do all that you said you wanted later in the thread, but just putting it out there that another option does exist.

And interesting that Jeff Cooper not only also insisted on backup iron sights for a field rifle, but also a negative comb.

Just sayin'!

Crambo

FNG
@ formidilous

You wrote:

Also, shooting at distance- glass quality is a bit hazy. Not sure what the issue is, but it is noticeably “soft” compared to the Maven RS1.2 and SWFA 3-15x (at 10x).

What distance where you when you noticed this? Where does it start to become noticeable with your eyes?

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
@ formidilous

You wrote:

Also, shooting at distance- glass quality is a bit hazy. Not sure what the issue is, but it is noticeably “soft” compared to the Maven RS1.2 and SWFA 3-15x (at 10x).

What distance where you when you noticed this? Where does it start to become noticeable with your eyes?

740 yards. It got pulled off a rifle for a restock, and is now back on it. I will update.