Q&A for SWFA SS 6x MQ Field Eval

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Other than your preference for MIL reticles/system over MOA, what sets this particular MIL reticle above the MOA version on the 6X?

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk

That’s it’s mil. The MOA version isn’t as bold, but mainly all the problems that MOA brings (or the advantages that mil offers).

ETtikka

WKR
Another minor consideration for ya; between the swfa moa and mil reticle, my wife and kids prefer the open center dot on the 6x moa better than the continuous line on my 3-9 mil (when both are at the same 6x). They find it easier to see

Agreed , the center in the MOA is nice

amassi

WKR
There's a 6x milquuad on ebay for 299

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

JCMCUBIC

WKR
The MOA reticle sucks (relatively speaking), but the center dot should be in all the Mil-Quad reticles.

Ditto on the MOA suckage...MIL is hard to go back from. That said, a 6x MOA sits on my .22 rimfire for squirrels. The little dot is nice there.

186341.jpg

prm

WKR
I just ordered a 6x MOA. Have a 6X Mil on my T3X 338 Fed. The Mil will get moved to my Fieldcraft 6.5 CM and the MOA to the T3X. Don’t know when the Mil version would be available again and on a 338 Fed I’m not shooting that far anyway. Would have preferred Mil. I do love the simplicity of these scopes.

Ditto on the MOA suckage...MIL is hard to go back from. That said, a 6x MOA sits on my .22 rimfire for squirrels. The little dot is nice there.

186341.jpg
All Day long!!!

LimbChicken w/ the Gravy n Bizcuts, ...SLAYER, and Am throwing Dollars to Dine Same!

( Translation for the Ignorant Inclined )

...all Day Long, I personally can appreciate a stellar brace of American GraySquirrel, as I've cherished those Hunts Immensely in the past, although a distant time frame ago

Gray Squirrel is EASILY an underrated Dish palatability wise, w/ a right proper concocted Gravy and HomeRolled Biscuits second to None

Phenomenal, .....and I personally would spend a relevant Dollar amount, to Experience a Quality Dinner on the above mentioned, ..if I didn't have to do the Hunting/ Cooking aspect

https://www.realtree.com/timber-2-t...othered-fried-squirrel-in-pepper-gravy-recipe

( Translation for the Ignorant Inclined )

...all Day Long, I personally can appreciate a stellar brace of American GraySquirrel, as I've cherished those Hunts Immensely in the past, although a distant time frame ago

Gray Squirrel is EASILY an underrated Dish palatability wise, w/ a right proper concocted Gravy and HomeRolled Biscuits second to None

Phenomenal, .....and I personally would spend a relevant Dollar amount, to Experience a Quality Dinner on the above mentioned, ..if I didn't have to do the Hunting/ Cooking aspect

https://www.realtree.com/timber-2-t...othered-fried-squirrel-in-pepper-gravy-recipe
N Schwayze on the Mil/ Mil SuperChicken

gots dat 3X9 on a FieldCraft, 6X on the Deck...

Has anyone seen variations in reticle quality from old 6mq to newer 6mq?

I got my second one a few weeks ago and just mounted it on a .22lr.

There is a very obvious difference between the two reticles. The older one is crisp with bolt diamonds and .5 mil lines. The new one almost looks like the 1 mil diamonds are faint and the same size as the .5 mil lines.

Both mil quad 6x, have played with parallax and diopter with no resolve.

260madman

WKR
Sounds like a dud. Hopefully they held some back for exchanges but I’m doubting it. Good luck.

ljalberta

WKR

There is a very obvious difference between the two reticles. The older one is crisp with bolt diamonds and .5 mil lines. The new one almost looks like the 1 mil diamonds are faint and the same size as the .5 mil lines.

I just received one in the mail a couple weeks ago. I’ll have a look at it when I get a chance.

Old-Cat

Lil-Rokslider
I dig the price but the only option is backorder now. Hum. It sounds like there would be no telling when this puppy is gonna arrive.

Not sure what counts as older. Compared one from January 2020 to two I received on July 26, 2022. Reticles on all three are perfect and according to the description specs.

ljalberta

WKR
@ljalberta where/how are you getting these scopes into Canada? I am assuming you are located in Alberta...
You can import them into Canada. I used Prophet River. It does add some fees, but when you can get the item on sale at least it balances out a little bit (unfortunately the 6MQ are now backordered again)

Prophet River charges I believe $100 cad plus shipping to you. Then you pay their exporter a fee of $50 usd plus shipping and maybe a 4% fee. You can email or call them about this service. They can also bring in rifles.

I have no regrets. I used a 10MQ hunting this year and it was good. But I’ll be moving that to a 17HMR and using the 6MQ, and (if they’re ever available again) the 3-9 next year.

Moose83

Lil-Rokslider
Ok cool... I am familiar with prophet river as a company. Do you order them from somewhere and prophet river takes over or do you just tell prophet river what you want and they deal with it. Also if I may ask... what does this scope cost you in canadian dollars after all of prophet rivers fees?

ljalberta

WKR
Ok cool... I am familiar with prophet river as a company. Do you order them from somewhere and prophet river takes over or do you just tell prophet river what you want and they deal with it. Also if I may ask... what does this scope cost you in canadian dollars after all of prophet rivers fees?
Prophet River will give you instructions on who to reach out and order from in the US. You give your card information and then they’ll ship to PR and PR ships to you.

I can’t remember off the top of my head what it costs. I would estimate that based a 1.35 conversion rate, for a $300 usd scope you pay around $650-$700 cad by the time it arrives.

Wrongside

WKR
@ljalberta where/how are you getting these scopes into Canada? I am assuming you are located in Alberta...
Ditto on PRF. They’ve imported several scopes and rifles for me and buddies. Excellent service every time. Which is more than I can say for some of the other importers I’ve used.

It helps with per unit costs if you can get some buddies in on a group buy!