Q&A for SWFA SS 6x MQ Field Eval

Fatcamp

WKR
I wouldn’t necessarily say that. The scope companies decisions are generally made by engineers that don’t shoot or have much experience, and/or marketing teams that don’t shoot or have much experience. It’s generally not that these companies know that there is a significant problem but don’t address it because only a small percentage will notice it it because it’s expensive to do so (certainly some do); so much as it is that they don’t believe it’s a problem at all.

As has been relayed here by one of the forum sponsors that asked multiple scope companies about it, the general answer was “why would you ever drop your scope”. There’s a fundamental disconnect.

Even when a manufacturer came to this site and asked what we wanted they ignored us.

SMH.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
As slowelk said, that’s the wrong picture.

Let me know how it turns out. They’re not perfect scopes, but for general hunting they just work without fuss.
So far my wife is loving the scope on her Sako .243. I also really liked the scope… Picked up a second one to use on my Tikka .260 this season and it showed up today. We’ll see how it does tomorrow when I have time to shoot.

8FFD6063-851E-4947-838B-8643182B99F3.jpeg

53A83137-2B80-43CF-9985-E25507C8197D.jpeg

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
So far my wife is loving the scope on her Sako .243. I also really liked the scope… Picked up a second one to use on my Tikka .260 this season and it showed up today. We’ll see how it does tomorrow when I have time to shoot.

👍🏼 Glad to hear it’s working for y’all.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
👍🏼 Glad to hear it’s working for y’all.
Doesn’t look like it from the crazy iPhone camera light gathering but this is last legal shooting light on my skid steer. Seems like the fine cross hair shows up pretty well on light colors like this. Pretty tough to see the cross hair on the trunk of the mesquite tree it’s parked under. It’s much darker out than the photo looks like… How much playing around with the reticle focus knob do you normally have to do on these scopes?

B0C08BEA-9FF7-4BD8-ACA0-2DD0D767BC66.jpeg

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
To add to my last post above I never did focus the reticle to my eye so could be my mistake there. Should I set the parallax to infinity and adjust until reticle is sharp on clear blue sky? That’s normally how I’ve adjusted reticles on my scopes in the past (lots of scopes). I regularly look to infinite with my eyes for a few min then immediately go into the scope and check for reticle clarity. I’ll do this several times until the reticle is sharp at first glance. Is there a better way to do this?

Rob5589

WKR
I think to the vast majority of hunters even a $300 6x SWFA is expensive.
Years ago I bought a first gen Razor 5-20. Guys I knew that were casual shooters/hunters couldn't believe a scope cost 1500. Then I told them about the guys I shot matches with that had multiple S&B's.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
To add to my last post above I never did focus the reticle to my eye so could be my mistake there. Should I set the parallax to infinity and adjust until reticle is sharp on clear blue sky? That’s normally how I’ve adjusted reticles on my scopes in the past (lots of scopes). I regularly look to infinite with my eyes for a few min then immediately go into the scope and check for reticle clarity. I’ll do this several times until the reticle is sharp at first glance. Is there a better way to do this?

That’s how to do it.

There are times that the fine cross hairs won’t be truly visible, but bracketing works well enough.

CaptArab

FNG
Have you ever been able to make an offset red dot work/be useful without the turrets obstructing the view?

Application is a 16-18" hunting AR-15.

sndmn11

WKR

Stu

Lil-Rokslider
That little Athlon is sitting in my cart at $400. If I had an easy out if it were to fail I would have one headed my way.
I really don't want to go down another scope rabbit trail. I'm working hard to resist the urge as well. @Castle Rock , share your gift. We know you're a man of few words.