Q&A for Leupold Mark 5 Field Evals

Agreed. I think Form said it best with this: "Leupold gets so much right with size, eyebox and general design, but as history has shown- they have no desire to make a truly rugged scope."
Plus the whole made in usa thing, which isn’t important to some, but is to me. I really want to get behind them.

Not that I wouldn't love to see some great reviews on their latest scopes that indicate they've addressed thier issues; however, based on my personal experiences with many Gold Rings through the years, I'd have to read several years' worth of positive reviews before I'd mess with another. I've wasted enough time and ammo.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
What’s does the note on the 3-18 target “Just like Trijicon Tenmile” mean? I thought it passed.

It is in reference to the three additional drops before removing the scope. I use that Tikka for the initial evals of all scopes, when a scope passes or needs to be removed to go on another rifle, I check it again right before I remove it. The Tenmile held zero with the last three drops before removing it, the Leupold did not.

Wiscgunner

Lil-Rokslider
It is in reference to the three additional drops before removing the scope. I use that Tikka for the initial evals of all scopes, when a scope passes or needs to be removed to go on another rifle, I check it again right before I remove it. The Tenmile held zero with the last three drops before removing it, the Leupold did not.
Thank you so much for doing this for the community. Hopefully manufactures take note and make improvements

ID_Matt

WKR
As was mentioned, I want this scope to pass so bad. It really has everything one would want for a long range hunting scope. I have one on my PRS gun and it has been good so far but it looks like the tenmile is staying on my hunting gun!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
2b199197417c8c1ed44b1669552e1d27.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

260madman

WKR
Oh look, my gear isn’t coming into question either. Salvage and Burris. It tipped over in the snow/mud. Where’s my ’gram account…
#hardcore

FA7C412E-171E-42B9-B7EA-6742EB4EA242.jpeg

I’ve been slumming poor people stuff all week in 223.

260madman

WKR
I’d take that Burris over the Leupold…lol
I have 4 of them. One tipped over off the Gator during our holiday hunt last year and my friend freaked out. I shrugged and said it’s fine. Punched a doe at 320 yards 10-15 minutes later. The glass isn’t as bad as people said they were.

ccox8

FNG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's funny because I had my VX5-HD crap out on me this year. Temps were in the mid to upper teens and lots of snow, elevation did not adjust correctly and cost me a good bull. Checked it back at camp and the zero had shifted by nearly 9" high. Once something like that happens I lose trust in that gear and it's hard to ever use again.