pulling a mule deer tag

OneShot

Lil-Rokslider
sorry not possible.
Exactly! No way the apps have been done right and not drawn any of those units as a resident with that many points. Those units and season take 0-1 points except 75 4th which is a whopping 2 points.

I went back and looked and I’ve actually applied for a deer tag twice, 2106 and 2021, neither were successful. I thought I’d done it more than that, but I was wrong. Sorry for the misinformation, but thankful for getting it pointed out.

slimC

FNG
I went back and looked and I’ve actually applied for a deer tag twice, 2106 and 2021, neither were successful. I thought I’d done it more than that, but I was wrong. Sorry for the misinformation, but thankful for getting it pointed out.
How many points did you apply with in 2021?

Rich M

WKR
Andrew - all the units have good bucks.

Anyway - it depends what you want. You want a muley for the wall or do you want a specific mountain hunt?

If I ever went back it would be to do a canyon type hunt. Just think that would be neat.

We did hunt a couple canyons but only found WT in them. Found some muleys on public in a couple areas too. You had to be still and watching early and late in the day - go wander around the arroyos midday to see if you could bump a buck or see one bedded. The deer moved real predictably every morning and afternoon. It sure isn't like woods hunting in FL.

I was told to go and hunt. Put in your time, keep your eyes open, make the shot count. Worked for me.

OP
Andrewlonghi
NE FLORIDA in a small town called Palatka
Andrew - all the units have good bucks.

Anyway - it depends what you want. You want a muley for the wall or do you want a specific mountain hunt?

If I ever went back it would be to do a canyon type hunt. Just think that would be neat.

We did hunt a couple canyons but only found WT in them. Found some muleys on public in a couple areas too. You had to be still and watching early and late in the day - go wander around the arroyos midday to see if you could bump a buck or see one bedded. The deer moved real predictably every morning and afternoon. It sure isn't like woods hunting in FL.

I was told to go and hunt. Put in your time, keep your eyes open, make the shot count. Worked for me.
I'm going to have a good time and enjoy the trip. If I'm lucky enough to get a muley that's just a bonus. Colorado/Wyoming woods are nothing compared to Florida woods for sure.

slimC

FNG
Two, went for a doe tag, didn’t get one.
You should've drawn per the stats im looking at... doesn't even take 2 points More like 0. Anyone else seeing the same? its not adding up.

Do you mind posting a pic of what exactly your apps looked like as oneshot did.

So I went back and really looked at what I tried to draw for and what I thought I did vs what I actually did are very different.

2016-Put in for archery deer, unsuccessful, got a point.

2021-put in for rifle deer, unsuccessful, got a point.

2023-put in for deer point.