PSE Omen

TX_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
You can yoke tune, shim cams, move rest, or adjust cable rod in and out.

Can you post a picture of a paper tear with you shooting the bow?
Or a picture of a fletched and bare shaft group in a foam target at 20 yards.

Do you know where your shims are at? I believe stock for a right handed bow is one small shim, one medium on the left side of the cams. There should be "fill" on the right side. For my bow that is one large shim and two small shims.

Is your arrow at or near center shot? If you have a stabilizer installed on the front is it running parallel to the arrow when its on the rest? Before I added some twists to my yokes I was able to get bullet holes by simply moving the rest it was way off of center shot. The arrow when on the rest was pointed way right of parallel.

I was able to remove a left tear from my bow by adding twists to both top and bottom left cable yokes and removing twists from the right cable yokes. The cables go through that weird cross/twist plastic piece which might be why your friend doesnt think he can yoke tune.

No idea about any of that, mate. I don't even know what I'm looking at on the bow itself.

You can yoke tune, shim cams, move rest, or adjust cable rod in and out.

Can you post a picture of a paper tear with you shooting the bow?
Or a picture of a fletched and bare shaft group in a foam target at 20 yards.

Not a paper tear but maybe a couple of arrows in a target. I can see the arrows fly like a corkscrew at distance.

I'll let my bud know that yoke tuning is possible but different to other bows. He's good at this stuff but is a self-proclaimed Mathews fan boy and typically hates tuning PSE. I figured there might be some stuff going on like that though as I can't imagine someone who is experienced should really have a hard time getting it right.

josef

FNG
Shimming the cams on these bows is way more of a pain than yoke tuning them so I am not sure why he would start there. Not sure what rest you are running but if its a fall away you should also have them pay attention to the timing of that to stay away from fletching contact. These are super fast bows so its pretty easy to screw that up.

I guess the yoke tuning stuff doesn't look obvious when you are used to what it would look like on other bows?

Running a Hamskea epsilon but it's not hooked up with the COR system yet as that is on the way so it's just attached to the side of the riser. timing seems fine for that or at least it has been up to now.

It's all good, and thank you for the advice so far. It'll be easy for me to sort but my limited experience and knowledge is in the way, clearly. Trad bows are so much easier!

Wapiti1

WKR
Hmmmm. A bow CANNOT be tuned by anyone but you for you. I can tune a bow in a hooter shooter (mechanical shooting system) for a bullet hole and get a sub 2" group with broadheads at 50 yards. The instant I shoot it, it will be out of tune. I am not aligned the same as the mechanical system. You have to tune to the shooter.

You, along with the pro shop, have to shoot adjust, shoot. Once you personally have a bullet hole, then the rest of the tuning process starts.

Jeremy

Absolutely, mate. I didn't have the chance to be doing that stuff just yet as work has been hectic, etc. I just wanted to shop to get it close for me. After I replace a few things here and there it will all need to be done again anyway.

Took it to a mate's house yesterday and had a good muck around with me shooting it through paper. Took some shims out, yoke tuned a little, wound the cables up because it was a little under poundage, and took the grip off. Despite how comfortable it is, I feel a bit of movement in it and wanted to experiment.

Shot bullet holes through paper for me and about to go outside and re-sight it in. Should be good fun!

Have you guys measured your center shot on these? Mine is shooting well (bullet holes) and its measuring ~13/16" off the riser right now but thats a ways off my hamskea epsilon being centered. I am just curious if that is everyone else's experience.
The Epsilon has 3 different settings for riser width on universal mount. Remove rest from bracket then remove dovetail, you will see the 3 holes that a pin can lock into. Pick the one that centers rest best at 13/16. Lancaster's youtube review of epsilon will show it well.

Last edited:
Besides shooting a fair bit to the right I didn't need to make any adjustments to anything else. Shooting really nicely now. I may put some more videos together over the coming weekend and post them. Really enjoying the process and it was good for me to watch how my mate did some things as it'll be helpful to know when I get some of my own gear to do it myself.

Should get out for a quick hunt this weekend, too.

Thought I'd jump in here quick to give my velocity figures.

Specs again quickly...

68# (was a little under so we wound it up a bit).
27.5in DL.
S2 cam.
500gn arrow.

I shot a bunch of times and averaged 268fps. Very pleased with that. I shot it well enough at the local club that I don't really need to think about changing the arrow but I might do a new build when this dozen is gone and get around the 475gn mark for the sake of getting closer to 280fps and flattening the trajectory. All the animals I point it at down here won't know the difference.

I also shot at 60 metres (65 yards) for the first time ever this afternoon. I was getting tired by the end of it but I was pleased with the groups. I also grouped well with broadheads at 40 metres so I'm keen to get out over the weekend now.

Another quick update on the above stuff.

My view at 60m at the front of my house.

I consistently shot 268fps average with 267fps being the lowest and 269fps being the highest.

My best five shot group at 60 metres so far.

Sorry for the spam of my stuff but here's a video of me doing the speed test. A very high-performing bow for people with short arms!

A bit more spam from me. I shot this boar a couple of weeks back.

I also got some new strings/cables and a press so I'll get that sorted and tune up some slightly lighter arrows in the coming weeks and get out for more hunts and maybe shoot some comps.

sneaky

"DADDY"
With a 5.5 inch brace height I'll pass. I think that would be tough for the normal hunter to shoot well.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Arrow is gone so quick it's actually way easier to shoot than you would think. For shorter draw length guys it's a good option as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Bumping this thread again as people may be interested in more stats. I tuned up my bow with a new arrow build recently and now I'm getting about 279fps with a 475-480gn arrow. Super performance for someone with T-Rex arms. I'm really loving this bow at the moment.

Here's another video of the bow on a hunt with the old arrow recipe. My wife shoots some goats with a rifle at the start and I get another pig with the bow towards the end.