PSA-Please consider your words when posting or creating threads. The world can see what you say/type.

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is not meant to infer anyone unnecessarily self censor or feel limited in what you post. My objective it to point out that once you make a post on any social media platform (including Rokslide) you have created a permanent record for others to view.

If you create a thread about anything controversial or anything (borderline or overtly) illegal you have provided fodder that can be used to conspire against you. I don't like to think that we should feel restricted in discussions but we should be aware that there is no true privacy on the web. Once you put it out there-it sticks-even if you delete it soon after posting.

Just put thought into your posts and consider how you would choose your words if you knew others would read them at any time-or if you would use the same language from your thread in a direct verbal discussion with others.

Common sense and forethought will go along way here.

Thanks for reading!

Edited to add this: I as a moderator will not delete posts unless these posts are really over the line. I want folks to feel free to discuss whatever they want responsibly and it is not my job to be your conscious.

Last edited:

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Thanks. I have always said, never put anything on web site you don't want the world to know. Privacy is a thing of the past.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
This is why we don't like unit specific threads. For everything else, I ALWAYS assume that the government is watching......so sometimes it's intentional.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
This is why we don't like unit specific threads. For everything else, I ALWAYS assume that the government is watching......so sometimes it's intentional.

Bro.....For someone that ALWAYS assume that the government is watching.
You literally have more posts then anyone on this forum.......
I guess its to overload the AI.....

Bro.....For someone that ALWAYS assume that the government is watching.
You literally have more posts then anyone on this forum.......
I guess its to overload the AI.....

I'm trying, I think I'm 5times his daily post count, but he been here longer.

I just try to screw up the algorithms to keep everyone else safe.

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
My wife works at a financial institution and the fact new hires are shocked that their social media is scrutinized floors me. These are usually part time high schoolers or fresh out of school graduates so some of it is ignorance I’m guessing. I could tell them that posting on the internet is like sending a letter to the newspaper editor except people are not throwing it out every week.