PSA- language and context

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
There’s been some overuse of a few words and acronyms. We don’t always have the time to read the context so if a word would have you in the HR office at work then don’t use them here.

Edit. Mostly good humor in the responses. Thought I should elaborate more.

The acronym when used wrongly insults someone’s intelligence. The word can be harmless or an insult or of a sexual nature.

Typically the individual comments don’t warrant any moderation however the frequent use of some language does make us have to read more in-depth for the context which becomes a time suck.

My intent when posting this was to be a simple request so that we can reduce the arguments, derailments and general poor behavior which the language has caused.

Last edited:
generally the only thing that would land you in HR would be commenting on a persons physical looks, mocking a persons disability, or discrimination

Also in todays touchy feeling world, posting pictures of your latest animal kill can land you in HR because you don't represent the cuddly feelings of your company..... sooooooo what sort of line are we trying to draw in the sand??

I frequently want to post "SIRCH NEWB" or "TRY POSTING IN THE RIGHT FORUM" but i'm not trying to ruffle the admin's feathers

I think personal attacks should occasionally be okay.. Too many people belly aching or being coddled. However, if someone is ALWAYS being negative.. then maybe they could use a day off. We don't always need to drop F- bombs but we certainly can't be a bunch of pearl clutchers either.

Tobe_B

Lil-Rokslider
Have you ever processed cattle? I did with the owner last week. There was some rather graphic language that spewed from mouth region. Didn’t land me at HR or even a reprimand of any sort. So really you’re leaving the door wide open.

Also, two weeks ago checking cows my mare broke in two. I cussed her pretty good with all the vernacular one would use in that certain situation. Again, in front of the owner of the business, no repercussions.

So do we need to use your scale of inappropriate language or can I use mine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81nx2o.jpg