Protein bars?

What is your favorite protein bar you like to snack on. I currently eat the Kroger brand protein bars they allegedly have 10 g of protein with 11 g of sugar. Looking for some thing with lower sugar and equal to or more protein but doesn’t taste like cardboard either.

KHNC

WKR
I really like the Met RX Big 100 chocolate bars. Chocolate Chip cookie dough has 30g protein ,18g sugar. Other flavors have a lot more sugar.

Patriot2

Lil-Rokslider
I did the comparison shopping a few years back and settled on using the 10 gm protein dark chocolate protein bars from Walmart selling under names millville, nature valley or great value. 7-9 gms sugar depending on the flavor. Cheap, tasty, and nutritionally superior to ridiculously priced Clif bars and the like. My 2 cents.....

scott85

Lil-Rokslider
While not the best protein bar. lenny and larry cookies are the only type of “protein” style bar/cookie I can stomach. Everything else has a chalky taste to me.

*zap*

WKR
For actual supplemental protein I just open a foil tuna package and add a little olive oil or a foil chicken or can of chicken. Before strength I will have a cliff energy bar so I have sugars/carbs in my bloodstream to help make atp and use less of my stored glucose.

The foil packs just stay in the vehicle with a small bottle of olive oil....very convenient for quick snacking, come in different sizes.

ymmv

zacattack

WKR
I tried a whole bunch of them a few years ago, seemed like the higher the protein the chewier they got. I went the hard boiled egg route after that. Cheaper, more protein, less sugar and tastes much better in my opinion

hicountry1

Lil-Rokslider
Peanut butter, honey and oatmeal. Add whatever else you feel like in there and you will end up with something better than a "protein" bar.
I think the point is packing protein bars while hunting

I take a think bar or 2 to my treestand and it holds me over for hours

JDBAK

Lil-Rokslider
Pemmican.
If you are fat adapted, performing long endurance/low intensity activity, then it’s pretty tough to beat for weight, energy density, nutrition, shelf life.

I like the met Rex big 100 after a workout in my way to work also eat quest bars like they are going outta style can find them cheap on ebay sometimes

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

OP
Glockster26
I have tried a couple of the quest bar, just wasn’t sure about the sugar alcohol. Sounds like it is a little better for you.