Pro's and Con's to Maven?

Looking to get a new scope, range finder, binos and spotter. I've been looking particularly hard at Maven and wonder how it performs. Leupold is local to me and I like what I run from them but I also like to try new things and love the look of Maven. I have vortex binos and hate them. They're probably entry level...basically new and I inherited them after my FIL passed away last year. Hunting the wet western forests I need glass that doesn't fog at all when I put it to my face after a solid hike. Looking for strong opinions one way or the other on Maven. Hoping to get my hands on them when they're at the pnw sportsmans show next month! Or is there a manufacturer I should be looking at? I want a good value (not to be read as cheap). Im budget conscious but will pay for quality. TIA!

Maven honestly most underrated optic company. Their Binos (higher end) are stellar. Their low light ability is right with Swaro/Zeiss. Don’t care what anyone says. Look up their data/specs/glass etc. I often sit and compare my 9x45 and 11x45 Mavens with my Zeiss HT and Swaro ELs side by side. I see absolutely no difference between the Maven and Zeiss, but the Swaros have the better edge to edge clarity. That’s it.
And their little range finder is excellent as well.
Now with their spotting scope, it’s noticeably nicer than the Vortex Razor, but is substantially behind the Swaro ATX I have.
Their customer service and warranty are some of the best in the business as well.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Cons would be weight (depending on the model) although for most optics performance is the main thing.

The wheel on the rangefinder really annoys me, and is always activating and spinning when taking it in and out of my rangefinder holder. I have to constantly verify LOS vs sloped distances as this setting seems to get flipped, along with brightness. But it is incredibly clear to use, fast, and works really far.

rideold

WKR
I have a pair of their B5 12x50 binos. I compared them to the B6's but found those to be largen than I liked and front heavy. Pretty happy with the B5's. I had an opportunity to compare Maven to a bunch of other binos once at dusk. No alpha glass in the mix but all the other usual suspects were there. That put me solidly in the Maven camp. Don't see myself forking out two to three times as much for Swaro etc. Diminishing returns in my opinion. Kind of like buying a TV. Sure, the really expensive one looks great compared to all the others on the display wall but once you get the less expensive one home you can't tell the difference.

Rifle scope and spotting scope owner here. I am an admitted skeptic of the 'boutique" optics companies. Most are all made in the same factories in Asia. That said Maven has really won me over. I like both pieces a lot and intend to look at them first on future buys.

UTJL

Lil-Rokslider
I love my Maven B1.2’s. They have great glass are fairly light and so far have been durable. I have one complaint about them but I’m nit picking. The focus knob is made of metal. When I pull the bino’s in and out of my chest pack it makes an audible sound as it rubs against the fabric. It probably will never matter unless an animal is less than 50 yards away and I’m pulling out my bino’s

I have the b2 9x45s and the RF1 rangefinder and love them both. The B2s are as awesome as others have said. I am totally impressed with the rangefinder. It has incredible range and i never have trouble getting returns. I haven't had any issues with the wheel on the rangefinder mentioned by others. I use the large-size marsupial holster for it and ot works just fine.

One of the biggest selling points for me was the warranty. I had considered nikon monarch HGs but the nikon warranty scared me off.

Another brand with a great warranty to consider is Athlon. I have the Ares spotting scope and am very happy with it.

BLJ

WKR
In for opinions on the C series binoculars if anyone has any experience. I’ve been looking at these pretty hard lately.

Voyageur

WKR
In for opinions on the C series binoculars if anyone has any experience. I’ve been looking at these pretty hard lately.
Wondering the same about the Maven C series,. More specifically, which line of Vortex are they comparable to… Diamondback? Viper? Are the Maven C’s in line with Leupold BX-4’s?
OP, if you feel this post hijacking your thread, let me know, and I will scrub it.

BLJ

WKR
Hopefully @nobody will chime in. He had mentioned to me in an earlier thread that the C series Mavens were comparable to the Razor HD’s. Really caught my attention with that one.

68Plexi

WKR
Wondering the same about the Maven C series,. More specifically, which line of Vortex are they comparable to… Diamondback? Viper? Are the Maven C’s in line with Leupold BX-4’s?
OP, if you feel this post hijacking your thread, let me know, and I will scrub it.

I’ve owned BX-4’s, spent some time behind a buddies Vipers and also demoed the Maven C’s. IMO, at this price range, there is some subjectivity depending on everyone’s eyes. But I would put them in this order.

BX-4 > Maven C’s > Viper > Diamondback

The BX-4’s were noticeably the best of the bunch. The Maven C’s and Vipers were very close, and I wouldn’t be surprised if someone else thought the Vipers were better than the Maven C’s. Diamondbacks are not close to the others, but they are also by far the cheapes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

68Plexi

WKR
A friend of mine really liked my B1.2's. He bought the C's and was disappointed, Good but not as good as the B1.2's.

I got both the B1’s and C1’s to try and while I really wanted to like the C1’s (price), the B1’s were so much better, I found the $ to upgrade to the B1’s.

You can find them here on the forum used at much lower than MSRP. That’s one con to Maven, resale value is low. Good for the buyer though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TN2shot07

WKR
This is from an eastern perspective…

I have a set of c series 8x42s and they have been great, only regret is not going 10x42. I have and love the 7x28s for the woods and would like to have the 10s for more open terrain. My brother has a set of diamond backs and there’s a noticeable difference.

This season I also used a crs.1 on a 270. Glass wise I would put it on par with a vx3, the Maven doesn’t seem to have as forgiving an eye box as the Leupolds. It was hunted pretty hard and held zero all season so no complaints.

I have a couple model 7 projects in the works. I’m hoping to pick up one of their higher end scopes to try (Rs.2 2-10) on the second build. It seems like a great light weight option. One I just scoped this week with a Swaro z3 and I’m not sure how those may compare.

Agross

WKR
I’ve had the c1 8’s and 10’s. I really liked the 10’s and regret selling them. I much preferred them over the bx4’s. I had the b2’s and they were the best binos I’ve owned, but thought they were more than I needed here in Michigan. I regret selling those as well. I have the b1 10’s and the b3 8’s. Really like em both. If you aren’t looking to spend alot of money I think the c1’s are a great bino.

I use mine elk hunting in CO. Mine friend only hunts in TN so the C's worked okay. He said they didn't have the same clarity and pop of the B's. I agree.

One of the guys elk hunting with us this year had some high end Leica's ( can't remember which one). We were looking at some eagles and he liked the Maven B1.2's better.

But everyone's eyes are different. If you can look thru some it would help!