Props to Hunt Backcountry Podcast

chasewild

WKR
Like most of us, I grew up on hunting stories -- told verbally between family and friends. I remember the excitement I felt listening to my dad and his friends talk and imagining what they were looking at, smelling, how they felt. I get the same joy of telling my own story now.

Exo's "new" format of listener stories is a breath of fresh air. Some are better than others -- the nature of the game -- but I love listening to these mostly ego-less stories. @Mark at EXO keep it up.

Just keep the specifics on location to a minimum. :)

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks for sharing the feedback. We work hard to provide a balance of experiences and perspectives, and I am continually impressed with what I can take away from conversations with folks who are hunting in a different place, pursuing a different species, or have a different level/type of experience than I do.

WA209

FNG
Mark, I remember one podcast, where you and Steve were testing prototype pants for another company. I recall Steve saying he was very impressed. Are they on the market now or can you share any more info on the pants?

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Mark, I remember one podcast, where you and Steve were testing prototype pants for another company. I recall Steve saying he was very impressed. Are they on the market now or can you share any more info on the pants?
Not on the market yet, but I can share some more info at this point... At least I don't think I'll get in trouble for saying this. Haha!

We have been working with the guys from Outdoor Vitals on a few clothing pieces. FWIW, we don't have plans to sell any of the clothing through Exo and we don't have any business affiliation/incentive tied to this project. We simply get to play a pretty big role in design, material selection, and a bunch of testing.

I have about 6 pairs of different proto pants, several mid-layers, and a few puffy jackets that we have been testing and tweaking. The OV guys are making some closer-to-final samples and we will be expanding the number of guys involved with testing/feedback. Not sure what a launch date may look like, but we'll be sure to talk about it when we can.

One of the pants protos from last fall...

ov-pants.jpg

One of the puffy samples (won't be in black and won't be so shiny)...

ov-puffy.jpg

Great podcast and a great company to deal with. The amount of info on their website is great. Not overload but just what you need. The spreadsheets are awesome and I am just getting into the training program.

Felix40

WKR
I enjoy the hunting stories too. I’ve noticed they lean way more toward new hunters. My favorites are the rare ones about legitimate adventures by experienced guys.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I enjoy the hunting stories too. I’ve noticed they lean way more toward new hunters. My favorites are the rare ones about legitimate adventures by experienced guys.
I’d echo this a bit, but the diversity is also solid and you’re reaching a greater audience. I really like the big adventure dives. The sheep one you just released was a cool listen - what elevated it was the type of questions asked to elicit certain details, first rate stuff.

@Mark at EXO not only the podcast, your web content on the Exo site is outstanding. The care you guys are putting into your content and it’s wide range are such a breath of fresh air, especially the independence. Love the MM format too!

OP
chasewild

chasewild

WKR

You should jump on with your ram hunt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bozeman

WKR
Not on the market yet, but I can share some more info at this point... At least I don't think I'll get in trouble for saying this. Haha!

We have been working with the guys from Outdoor Vitals on a few clothing pieces. FWIW, we don't have plans to sell any of the clothing through Exo and we don't have any business affiliation/incentive tied to this project. We simply get to play a pretty big role in design, material selection, and a bunch of testing.

I have about 6 pairs of different proto pants, several mid-layers, and a few puffy jackets that we have been testing and tweaking. The OV guys are making some closer-to-final samples and we will be expanding the number of guys involved with testing/feedback. Not sure what a launch date may look like, but we'll be sure to talk about it when we can.

One of the pants protos from last fall...

View attachment 704280

One of the puffy samples (won't be in black and won't be so shiny)...

View attachment 704281
is Noland close by in this pic?