Pronghorn Scouting Pics

Lukem

WKR
We all love to see the hero pics, how about some pics on the hoof?

Here's one that was a little quick for me this morning. Would've been a sweet pic in the early morning light.

IMG_1424.jpg

I'll have more to come in the next few weeks, hope everybody else can chip in too, keep those cameras handy while out scouting.

Last edited:

velvetfvr

WKR
Hard to see one buck that is pushing 75 to 80". Hard for me to get a super good look but enough to say SHOOTER!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342818410.967802.jpg
I might have to upload the photos from the camera to my iPhone.

OP
Lukem

Lukem

WKR
A couple from today:

Wouldn't score great, but sure has character.

IMG_1476.jpg

Not too bad.

IMG_1472.jpg

OP
Lukem

Lukem

WKR
Had a couple pics from this morning. Nothing big, all young bucks, but the middle buck in the bottom pic has some interesting prongs.

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for sharing Luke! What are you seeing as far as goat numbers this year?

velvetfvr

WKR
Chasing this dude. Trying to get him within my evos range is tough as I can't even get him in a stalkable position!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344640421.862985.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344640434.550440.jpg

OP
Lukem

Lukem

WKR
Thanks for sharing Luke! What are you seeing as far as goat numbers this year?

Some up some down. Some decent bucks out there. Should be a good year to sit on water. It's a little odd, I think the goats are moving around a little. Some days you'll see bunches, the next they're like cockroaches when the sun comes up. I think as their numbers have dropped the last few years, they're getting wise to roads and road hunters and staying out of sight a bit.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some up some down. Some decent bucks out there. Should be a good year to sit on water. It's a little odd, I think the goats are moving around a little. Some days you'll see bunches, the next they're like cockroaches when the sun comes up. I think as their numbers have dropped the last few years, they're getting wise to roads and road hunters and staying out of sight a bit.

Good! That makes it better for me!!! Although I might not get to hunt them this year! Closing on our house the 30th.....moving out, finding a new place, then to MT to hunt elk in September.....time will tell.....